IGNORED

MCS again ;)

emkay

Hmmm,

what about the program "XL-Paint 2.1 MAX" ?!? It is available atari-area. Think it uses 160x192 (or 160x200) with 16 colors... It is a painting program... It came with only one demo-picture, but thanks to the converter RIP2MAX (which converts Rocky-Interlace-Pictures *.RIP into *.MAX pictures) I now have two disks filled with 16 color *.MAX pictures. (There is only one drawback: While the painting program XL-Paint 2.1 Max allows the free choice of colors, the RIP2MAX converter does not - meaning all converted pictures have the same color-palette!)

Since I am not a programmer, I don`t know if this program is any good for you, i.e. if it matches your needs. But at least it is an A8 painting program with 16 different colors (and different shades/luminances) and a resolution of 160x192 pixels. Why not take a look at it ?!? Or mail me at: amp@abbuc.de to get the program and some demo-pix... greetings, Andreas Magenheimer.

Well,

speaking of GED - I do have the painting program (version 1 and 2) and approx. 5-6 demo pics. Since the original program came with only 3 demo pics, it looks like someone really used it to draw/paint a few pix (and this wasn`t me!)... If you are interested in GED plus the demo-pix (as well as a nice polish sound & graphic player/displayer, which also shows GED pix), simply mail me at: amp@abbuc.de greetings, Andreas Magenheimer.

P.S.: If interested in other demo-pics, I also have demo pix for:

- Fun with Art (Gr. 15 + DLI; 2 disksides);

- RGB (mostly Gr. 15; approx. 50 disksides);

- RIP (gr. 10+; approx. 12 disksides)

- HIP ( gr. 10+ greyscale; approx. 16 disksides);

- MCS (gr. 12; 1 diskside, approx 6 pix)

- CIN (Gr. 15+11; 2 disksides)

- MAX (Gr. 15+; approx. 4 disksides);

- Technicolor (Gr. 9+11; approx. 6 disksides);

- TIP (Gr. 9+11; approx. 6 disksides);

- GED (Gr. 15?; 1 diskside);

- standard Gr. 8 / Gr.9 / Gr. 15 pix (62 sector-pix; approx. 48 disksides);

- Apac or Apac-2 pics (62 sector, gr. 9+11 pics; approx. 30 disksides)

- and other polish formats (like INT, INP, XLP, etc.)

Just let me know if you are interested in any of these demo-pix...

it looks like someone really used it to draw/paint a few pix (and this wasn`t me!)...

...and it may have been done by myself... Because I've been testing GED's possibilities... Recently I sent "GED-pack" to JET BOOT JACK and HEAVEN. And it included main program, dox, demo images and some tests from me (colored screen from DRACONUS-title screen, etc.) and also display routine in assembler for GED !! 8)

Also, XL-PAINT v1.9 could be good an alternative. I painted a picture on PC and converted/changed a bit at A8. The color pallette isn't easy to freely handle indeed, but with some tests and knowledge, one can do a quite fine effects.... :)

Sorry, but I'm not allowed to show it yet (it will be Polish text-gfx adventure).

@ dracon (if you have the time to pop by...)

any idea if there is a polish tool out there which could draw things like that???? and you as gfx guy... can you write own DLIs/kernels just to get this kind of results?

yeah, there is a tool for doing such DRUID-alike screens... And it's called GRAPH2FONT. Current version is still under development so only few people got it. No more LDA/STA for pure gfx-man!!! This tool will work on PC and one can add 5th color and PMG objects to a single .MIC picture (ofcourse it would be converted into charmode before). You will get some moving pointers to place that PMG stuff and so on. And finally the program will produce suitable .ASM source to your brand-new gfx just in your productions.... 8) :!:

Recently I saw DRUID picture converted into this editor - looks the same as presented here in MCS (!). :)

ps. are you abbuc member?

Sure. 8)

But it's a pity ABBUC MAG is entirely in German as I forgot most

of this language... I know I gotta improve it, but... :roll:

Recently I saw DRUID picture converted into this editor - looks the same as presented here in MCS (!).   :)  

does it mean, that tool can convert and do colorizing automatically? Or is it an easy-to-use editor, which can produce pretty much the same result for people without programming abilities?

ps. are you abbuc member?

Sure. 8)

But it's a pity ABBUC MAG is entirely in German as I forgot most

of this language... I know I gotta improve it, but... :roll:

hehe. this is cool! ABBUC has polish members *g.. Do you have also clubs in Poland which are similiar to ABBUC? If yes, I would love to get in contact with them, I would even learn a little bit polish :-) *gg

twh

When will it be available?

Well, as far as I know, it should be spreaded in this year yet.

I only know Version 2.6, with only can convert to font (no extra colors).

really ? :ponder: :?:

5th color should also be accessible ... But maybe you didn't find this option yet ???

Well, both instructions (for 2.6 and the newest one) are written in Polish

so that's why some options can't be clear for the international users... ;)

really ?  :ponder:   :?:  

5th color should also be accessible ...   But maybe you didn't find this option yet ???    

Well, both instructions (for 2.6 and the newest one) are written in Polish  

so that's why some options can't be clear for the international users...  ;)

Yep, sure, one more color for inverted character but i mean no PM or DLI extra color ;)

does it mean, that tool can convert and do colorizing automatically? Or is it an easy-to-use editor, which can produce pretty much the same result for people without programming abilities?

well, I vote for the second option... ;) It seems to be not_so_hard editor (especially comparing to programming PMG by hand) and I think it can help greatly in adding more colors to still screens. Of course you will need to learn using it but you needn't know about assembler language this time.

Do you have also clubs in Poland which are similiar to ABBUC?

nope. I don't know about any. But we have a polish Scene (that consist of some demo-groups and individuals) and several meetings during a whole year. Will you back to Poland next year, by the way ??? ;) There's gonna be a cool party at Polish small city ORNETA next summer. Some groups are going to release their new productions there... Be watchful ! 8)