IGNORED

410 tape drive

Nateo

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Nateo:

Can you put rom images that you download from the Internet, and put it on a tape for use with the 410 disk drive? I know some roms wouldn't work (cartridge roms) but tape roms like Zaxxon would work, wouldn't it?

I use the APE software program.. and I have had no problems transfering any program from the Rom image (.atr) to my 1050.. or 410.. )

I guess it depends what kind of software for trasfering (pc to Atari) you are using... But I know I have had great success with APE

I use APE to and recommend it highly. I just sent away the 40 bucks to get the registered version last week, after using it for 30 days with great satisfaction. The registered version is supposed to have a lot more features and come with a cd rom with about 800megs of stuff on it too. I haven't tried putting rom images on tape, because I currently don't have a 410, 1010 or XC10(?) recorder. Although even if I get one, it will be for loading up games that I come across on tape, into APE for transfer to disk. There is no sense in using the slowmo tape drive when you have a disk drive and APE to get the programs on disk (or even the PC's hard drive for instant access with APE and the SIO2PC cable (the hard disk and any other perephrials, e.g. modem, printer, other drives can all be used by a real Atari computer with APE).