IGNORED

New game in development for 1MByte FlashCart

analmux

And it looks like ANALMUX is the only one who completely understood the Idea of the MCS technique.

So at least one person got it - you should be glad. :)

But what to say else ? It seems you didn't provide suitable tools for MCS mode after inventing it... So, no tools = no works = no popularity. :roll:

I'll bet that author of G2F also now knows what the MCS is all about... ;)

And it looks like ANALMUX is the only one who completely understood the Idea of the MCS technique.

So at least one person got it - you should be glad. :)

All should be better :)

But what to say else ?  It seems you didn't provide suitable tools for MCS mode after inventing it... So,  no tools = no works = no popularity.  :roll:  

After the release of the MCS-Slideshow I worked out some more graphics and did enhance the tools that I had created to convert the graphics...

Remembering the "high response" :twisted: to the pictures that I had given to the biggest A8 Club in the World (800 nearly members worldwide in that time!!!) I really thought the ATARI was dead anyway... and stopped any development on this machine.... only nostalgy did stop me to throw it into the garbage-can...

I'll bet that author of G2F also now knows what the MCS is all about...  ;)

G2F is a very good tool... but it goes a step beside MCS....

I had planned a gameenhancement, beginnig with MCS over scrolling-routines with softwaresprites and full 16Bit POKEY support (which means real synth-sounds or clean flutes etc.)... But for a hobby-programmer like me it was to much for one person....

This is more than 12 years ago. In the time many disks were lost or defective... so my tools are lost too. Today I have no more interests in programming, but helping with my knowledge on the A8 may be usefull to help coders that are still having fun to create cool software.

thats just supa sweet. make the main sprites chicks like the giana sisters :-) that way N cant sue u

Yes, I'm also designing a complete new set of player+enemy-sprites (I might indeed use chicks :D :D ). The game I'm developing will only be (a very little bit) like Super mario or Sonic, but the concept of rescueing a princess or killing a Robotnics dictator I'll not copy. It's more serious and artistic.

-----

mux

If you're going to do a scroller ala Mario and Sonic, why not have the character like Bently Bear and have foes like centipede's popping out, Yar's fly's buzzing you, and so forth and make it into an Atari-themed game perhaps???

Curt

That's an awesome idea! I was surprised Atari didn't do this more. They did have Bentley Bear as a racer in Atari Karts, but that was about it.

Maybe you could have some choices - play as Bentley (Crystal Castles), play as Louie (Scrapyard Dog) ... any other suggestions?

Something else, with this new cartridge 8MB (=1Mbyte) flash it would also be possible to make a real 3D shooting game, like VECTOR could have become.

With this new development would Fox be interested to make a version for this cartridge, the 64Kb limit would not be a problem anymore I think. So the engine could be more simple and maybe faster.

When fox is interested I will make sure he get's a 8MB (=1Mbyte) flash cartridge.

TXG/MNX

DracIsBack wrote:

That's an awesome idea! I was surprised Atari didn't do this more. They did have Bentley Bear as a racer in Atari Karts, but that was about it.  

Maybe you could have some choices - play as Bentley (Crystal Castles), play as Louie (Scrapyard Dog) ... any other suggestions?

(Lurking mode off)

I've been hoping for something like this on the 8-bit for a long time. I have to say, it's about time :D Good luck and I'll certainly be getting one.

I like Curt and Drac's ideas, making a sort of Atari themed game would rock! In addition to the characters already mentioned, you could include:

Commander Champion

Major Havoc

The Tempest Blaster(I guess it never had an official name)

The SwordQuest character(I'm also unsure of the name)

well, that's all I can think of right now. Anyways, I hope that progress on this game continues to go along well! Any title yet?

....Any title yet?

I've got 2 titles, but I forgot one, trying hard to remember it. I might use both titles (one as a subtitle).

BTW, an atari themed game is also a great idea, but I'm not going to use it in this game.

Expect a demo-level before christmas.

-----

mux

:( I think it's inevitable, but I'm a little tired of visiting the forum boards at the moment.

So I'll take a big break 8) , until I've got something to show. I know there are many people enthousiastic about my project, so I will definitely go on. I'm off to code a load of stuff now. At first I'll make one demo-level that might be ready before christmas, as well as my Super mario clones (oneloaders from a 5.25 floppy). I'll be back in a few months, so be prepared 8)

Another comment about my scrolling MCS demos:

I hope a lot of coders in the Atari 8bit community that read the source code are inspired to use it in their own production. Therefore I'll give the permission to use the whole code or parts of the code, except for commercial purposes.

Another important note:

The scrolling MCS demo takes a lot of CPU cycles and wastes a lot wsyncs. I've found a faster way to make this possible, but I'll show it at earliest when the demo-level is finished.

-----

mux

By the way,

since we're dealing with the Nintendo world, wasn't BROS by KE-SOFT (Germany) our first Super Mario Bros Clone. I remember playing it for hours. The graphics weren't great but the gameplay -from what I remember: 8 years ago !- was there.

You can get the game from homesoft.

Any opinion ?

AB.

:(  I think it's inevitable, but I'm a little tired of visiting the forum boards at the moment.

So I'll take a big break  8) , until I've got something to show. I know there are many people enthousiastic about my project, so I will definitely go on. I'm off to code a load of stuff now. At first I'll make one demo-level that might be ready before christmas, as well as my Super mario clones (oneloaders from a 5.25 floppy). I'll be back in a few months, so be prepared  8)

Another comment about my scrolling MCS demos:

I hope a lot of coders in the Atari 8bit community that read the source code are inspired to use it in their own production. Therefore I'll give the permission to use the whole code or parts of the code, except for commercial purposes.

Another important note:

The scrolling MCS demo takes a lot of CPU cycles and wastes a lot wsyncs. I've found a faster way to make this possible, but I'll show it at earliest when the demo-level is finished.

-----

mux

Take care, and good luck coding... seems you will have a lot of work to do 8)

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, here are some handdrawn drafts of the gamedesign: Some scenes and enemies from my notebook. It's for the "mad area" that will be part of the game. I'll construct a demolevel out of these, and will use the mad nazgul RMT song from Emkay to support the feel of madness.

I've got a title now, the game will be named:

"GRAVITON, the Hilbertspace artefact"

-----

mux