IGNORED

Pre-orders being accepted for Commando.

Super-Genius!

Well,

a simple and short question: Does Commando work well on PAL machines ?!? (I am asking since I already ordered some prototype carts, such as Tower toppler, to find out later they do not work correct on PAL machines or crash at a certain point...) greetings from ABBUC, Andreas Magenheimer.

What's the difference between the 512Kb version and the XEGS version?  :?  

TXG/MNX

Nothing. The XEGS version is made from the commando.bin posted.

Half the 'mega-cart' image is just empty, half of whats left is just duplicate copies of the fixed a000-bfff bank to make it work on the 'mega-cart' hardware.

Take whats left and you have the original 128k xegs format.

-Sound is allover crap. The C64 version lives by the music. This version sounds like done in 1979 and not in 1989. Some effects are missing..etc.

I agree that the music is pretty basic, but it's also pretty basic in the arcade version (the 64 music was jazzed up quite a bit). I guess that's what happens when you don't have Rob Hubbard around. :)

-Bry

Has anyone thought of the possibility of hacking the RMT player into there in place of whatever music driver it currently uses?

If that can be done then getting a conversion of the Hubbard version of the music together is no major problem :)

-Sound is allover crap. The C64 version lives by the music. This version sounds like done in 1979 and not in 1989. Some effects are missing..etc.

I agree that the music is pretty basic, but it's also pretty basic in the arcade version (the 64 music was jazzed up quite a bit). I guess that's what happens when you don't have Rob Hubbard around. :)

-Bry

Has anyone thought of the possibility of hacking the RMT player into there in place of whatever music driver it currently uses?

If that can be done then getting a conversion of the Hubbard version of the music together is no major problem :)

As I wrote before... the gameplay is fun... but...(especially to sunmark)

What about a real A.A. co work?

As the Mega card is nearly empty... why not exchanging the "bad" parts of the game?

A much better title screen is done already... a way better music can be build in and the "smoker part" can also be enhanced multiple times.

well for what it's worth I got bored today and started messing with RMT and this is my first attempt at the ingame music based on the C64 version.

Wow, that's pretty close.

Suggestion: The accompaniment voice is not so vibrato on the 64, rather it flips between 2 pitches very quickly (I isolated each voice using SidPlay, then slowed them down to hear the actual effect used).

I'm just learning how to use RMT, so I don't have the sound figured out yet. :)

-Bry

well for what it's worth I got bored today and started messing with RMT and this is my first attempt at the ingame music based on the C64 version.

Wow, that's pretty close.

Suggestion: The accompaniment voice is not so vibrato on the 64, rather it flips between 2 pitches very quickly (I isolated each voice using SidPlay, then slowed them down to hear the actual effect used).

I'm just learning how to use RMT, so I don't have the sound figured out yet. :)

-Bry

True - but the SID doesn't go wildly out of tune like the pokey has a tendancy to do, so a bit of adaptation was needed

The Commando carts have been shipped! Thanks for patiently waiting!

Anyone who still may want a Commando cart can still order it at the

$39.95 price until tomorrow.

I'd order a couple of things if I could just mail in a check.  :(

Sure, anyone can order with check or COD! Just send the check in with

your order.

Mark

• 4 weeks later...