IGNORED

Tutankham for 8-Bit

Pete Perpetua

Tutankham must be considered as unreleased. One of several games in the 1983 Parker Catalog. Tutankham, Risk and Lord of the Rings never showed up. Now that the 2600 version has been found, maybe the 8bit "Lord" will appear?

The Tutankham binary does exist and is available for download

King Tut files

I had to search for "tut" because of all the spellings of this title. Go to the bottom of the list to find the links. Not sure which file is the correct one. Seem to vary in size.

A complete version of this game was officially published through the Antic magazine catalog that used to appear inside issues. I still have the original "album" and disk. I believe it was released as an APX classic, but Idon't know if it was ever released by Atari through the APX system or not...it's name was changed to King tut's tomb, but it is just like the original arcade game "Tututkahman"(or however the h*ll it was spelled). Plus it has a construction set for creating your own levels. A FANTASTIC game (this version anyway)for the 8-bit!!!

I'd be happy to make a file out of it to send to Atariage, if anyone is interested, I don't know if it's protected or not though...the difference being whether the file is a standard .ATR or if I have to use the A.P.E specific image for protected software known as a .PRO file and may only work with SIO2PC cable and A.P.E software, I'm not sure if those (.pro files)work on emulators or not.

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: Gunstar ]

quote:

Originally posted by Bill Lange:

Gunstar -

If you make a file of it, I'd be glad to test the APX version in an emulator to see if it works.

I don't know if the PB version is complete as it looks very dark.

I'll try to make a file and send it to you soon. I just hope that I can do it straight to .atr, but chances are that it won't be a problem as I don't think APX or Antic releases had heavy protection...cross your fingers...

quote:

Originally posted by Gunstar:

I'll try to make a file and send it to you soon. I just hope that I can do it straight to .atr, but chances are that it won't be a problem as I don't think APX or Antic releases had heavy protection...cross your fingers...

I'd love to get my hands on this as well if you manage to successfully create an .atr file.

..Al