IGNORED

Keep an eye out for this stick.

Rob Mitchell

The Total Control II (Model TC6001) for IBM PC and Compatibles has alot of possibilities for hacking for the Atari.

This thing is a flight stick without the base so it has tilt switches for UDLR response. But it also has a thumb joystick .. so the two could be wired together and selectable by a switch. In addition it has a rocker trigger so there are two fire buttons there (ideal for the 7800 or 5200).

Also three red buttons on top which could be wired for Reset, Pause, Start for the 5200.

The attached cable is a female DB15 so it can be harvested for 5200 controller projects. It has all 15 wires!

If wired for 2600 .. I can see it also connecting to the Vectrex via a separate circuit.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

You got a picture of it?

I *think* I've seen what you're talking about, but I couldn't find any pics online. The one I';ve seen, was a pc flight stick, with a heavy base, maybe 6" x 8" by 2" tall, and it was black with raised lettering. I remember it having a heavy base, felt really well made, but being a pc stick & $3 I passed! I've seen at least 2 of the one I'm thinking of at different thrifts over the past year. I try to limit myself on purchases I can't use. :P

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here's another one to keep an eye out for: Kraft Thunderstick. This one has a 9 pin plug for Atari .. It is an analog flight stick that has a built-in analog to digital circuit for digital inputs! I tried it out with Paul Slocum's Testcart and it replicates the UDLR functions and it feels good! It has three fire buttons on top of the flight grip .. and I need to repair them. I will probably add a few resistors to make this one compatible with two button 7800 games. I opened up the base and there are two potentiometers that register the stick deflection .. and there is one IC to interpret and convert these signals to digital output. Neat!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

• 12 years later...

Old topic .. I pulled out the Kraft Thunderstick for Atari to check it out again .. Googling about it only results in this thread .. So here's a pic .. All these sticks are analog for PC (15 pin male) whereas so the plug for this one is 9 pin female .. So imagining using this with the masterplay on red 5200 .. You have an analog stick that converts the signals to digital and then the Masterplay converts the digital signal to analog for the 5200 .. or Vectrex ..

post-1638-0-27065500-1454265394_thumb.jpeg