IGNORED

Des Chiffres Et Des Lettres

Tempest

I just got my first Atari France cart "Des Chiffres Et Des Lettres" or "Figures and Letters" (I think). Does anyone know how to play this game?

After asking for the number of players and their names it asks for a number between 1-20. I think this is some sort of difficulty setting. Then the screen comes up with 6 numbered cards and a number that seems to be randomly generated at the top. After a timer runs down it asks for your answer and then I think it asks for your calculations. Anyone know what the hell is going on in this game? I guess it helps if you speak French.

The graphics are pretty poor though, the game looks alot like the Atari Demostration Cart. What year was this made?

Tempest

des chiffres et des lettres is a french TV game show. basically it means "numbers and words" and consists of two games. one is scramble-like (the board/word game, not the arcade game), the other is your riddle ....

you have to make a calculation cimming as near as possible to the number the computer gives you, using all given 6 numbers if possible. if you use less it's ok too

you have a certain ammount of time to calculate that, then must tell your score and demonstrate your calculation.

i don't know about this 8-bit computer version, but i guess the gameplay should be similar ...

hope this helps

actually it was france's most seen show on TV. i think nearly every familiy was watching and playing along at home ...

i did it too, everytime i was at my grandma in the summertime.

i'm sure french collectors here did it too ... ask frank or chris

i think the show only exists in france