IGNORED

For Albert - 800/XL/XE cartridges covered by Atari Age ?

andy_bernstein

Hey Gang,

When I clicked on the Parker Bros link in the "did you know" window, I got taken to the 2600 page with the PB titles. When I selected the 5200 page, I noticed that the 800/XL/XE were also present ! Obviously, being a huge Atari 8-bit fan / user, I clicked on the link immediately and it was a great feeling to see the 8-bit Parker carts covered by Atari Age (especially the First Star License / Astro Chase). Anyway, I then tried ATARI titles under 800/XL/XE but nothing happened.

To sum it up, has this been here for a while ? Or is it a new function / catalog implemented by Albert ?

AB (my mood: :D )

Thanks for the udpate - It's pretty cool to see that the Atari 8-bit line is coming to Atari Age.

As I've stated a few times in the past, the Atari 8-bit computers are one of my favorite systems, as an Atari 800XL was the first computer I owned, and on it I learned how to program BASIC and 6502 Assembly. Later I would run a large BBS, using a large assortment of Atari 8-bit hardware. Eventually I migrated to the ST, but the 8-bits will always hold a special place in my heart. :)

As I said in one of my previous posts, I have a very extensive collection in Europe. I just have to find time to produce scans regarding the most rare items.

I'd love to see your scans, especially of the rare items. I think initially we are just going to try and manage all the software and hardware released in the United States. That alone is a fairly daunting task, given all the tape, disk and cartridge software, to say nothing about all the hardware released (just by Atari alone!) We already have scans of nearly 300 carts online, and the boxes and other items are coming along nicely.

Anyone who'd like to contribute in some fashion to the 8-bit section should drop me a line--there's plenty of areas to contribute in and the more help we have the sooner the section can go online. :)

..Al

Here are some areas we can use help with:

- Tape and Disk scans

- Screenshots

- Box scans

- Manual scans

- Links to off-site reviews of 8-bit games

- Scans of catalogs featuring 8-bit games

We have cartridges pretty well covered at this point, although there are a few we don't have yet (I'll have to make a list).

..Al

Here are some areas we can use help with:  

- Tape and Disk scans

- Screenshots

- Box scans

- Manual scans

- Links to off-site reviews of 8-bit games

- Scans of catalogs featuring 8-bit games

We have cartridges pretty well covered at this point, although there are a few  we don't have yet (I'll have to make a list).  

..Al

Hey, Al, I could make screenshots for you! :)

Although most of the carts I have are common I could do cart/box/man scans (mostly xe game carts/manuals) a couple activision games and demon attack.

Screen shots should be no problem (I assume you mean from an emulator). If you assigned me to specific titles or something to prevent any repeat work.

I'll would not be able to get to any of it till oct 13th though.