IGNORED

Eight Disk Drives?

Tempest

Looking over my old 810/1050 documentation I noticed that they have the ability to daisy chain 8 drives together.

My questions is even if you could have afforded to do that back then (and that would have cost ALOT of money), what on earth would you need 8 different drives hooked up to your Atari at once? Was there any use for so many drives?

Tempest

Looking over my old 810/1050 documentation I noticed that they have the ability to daisy chain 8 drives together.

My questions is even if you could have afforded to do that back then (and that would have cost ALOT of money), what on earth would you need 8 different drives hooked up to your Atari at once?  Was there any use for so many drives?

Tempest

Yes there was a need for it. I have so many different upgraded drives and sometimes it was usefull to have more then 4 drives. There is even software like harddisk backup pro for the blackbox that supports 8 drives at 1 time to backup too :D

I had four disk drives hooked up for my BBS: two US Doublered 1050s and two sleek, black Indus GT drives. Althogh the BBS did also have two 20GB hard drives, so the floppies didn't get a whole lot of use once I got the MIO board and the hard drives. :)

I think Alternate Reality could use at least four drives (!).

..Al