IGNORED

Graph2fnt

emkay

it's broken under Vista... also importing a bitmap and saving as a g2f file results in a blank g2f being created.

The same happens for me.

Vi$ta does not seem to be a very friendly system for G2F users, does it? icon_neutral.gif

It's not really a problem of Vista. I use it for almost 3 years now.

Last year's updates on G2F brought heavy bugs, which seem to occur on the latest MS Osses.

Vista API is not compability with Windows XP API (http://foldersize.sourceforge.net/vistasucks.html)

Delphi support new OpenDialog window for Vista, but not work under Windows XP

Vista change programming style, and i not have Windows Vista, only XP

p.s.

Borland Database Engine (BDE) + XP no problem, with Vista is only problems (privilages)

Vista API is not compability with Windows XP API (http://foldersize.sourceforge.net/vistasucks.html)

Delphi support new OpenDialog window for Vista, but not work under Windows XP

Vista change programming style, and i not have Windows Vista, only XP

p.s.

Borland Database Engine (BDE) + XP no problem, with Vista is only problems (privilages)

you should rewrite whole application in .net :)... It may be possible to use new delphi or the another delphibased IDE(as I remember few programmers run away from borland and they released free delphi alternative) to compile whole project as .net application.

... but I would suggest to use C# and rewrite it all from scratch :-P (just kidding)

i try compiled G2F with Delphi 2009 NET - 1.6GB, all variables type String not compatybility with NET String (i fix all operations with String), result - output file 10MB and working crazy, application crash randomly, load/save file not working, some graphics operation shifted (problem with arithmetic?), finally uninstall Delphi 2009 NET

I have used Borland Delphi 7 for all my projects for several years. Powerful, flexible RAD language, with very little memory overhead and wiyh minimum binary file size. But now I am on the move for Lazarus, the IDE for Free Pascal. Very good and portable.

I like C#, but I will use it only on work if my bosses say so.

RAD Studio 2007, 2009 and upcoming 2010 are really good, but I would ignore .NET development.

Edited by Gury

• 4 weeks later...

v3.8.7.4 for testing

- new feature 'Special -> Align PMG pixels to char'

- add enable/disable GED, DLI fade effect 'Special -> GED-- -> Fade effect', 'Special -> DLI -> Fade effect'

- new MCH file format (first byte=invers (0 or $80), 8 bytes=char data ... 5 bytes=colors 712,708,709,710,711)

- add DITHER, RESIZE in Load BMP...

- many changes in ZOOM (Layer: ALL,BMP,PMG, ZOOM Factor, Brush Size, Grid Size, PMG Brush, PMG Eraser, Auto Invers - enable/disable char invers)

p.s.

ALL previous G2F version work properly only if Windows XP Desktop is CLASSIC !!! (transparency color problem)

and now v3.8.7.4 is correct and working with CLASSIC and XP Desktop

g2f_07.11.2009.zip

Hi,

I found one bug:

When you change DL line type - 2nd number column (values 0,1,2,4)... value 0 means DL value $70. This line is black in g2f editor, but it has background color on atari.

So it can surprise you when use PRIOR 4 and your background color is not black, because u use another color to make background.

(I tried to save some space so I changed few charlines to 0 and this bug came up)

v3.8.7.4 for testing

- add enable/disable GED, DLI fade effect 'Special -> GED-- -> Fade effect', 'Special -> DLI -> Fade effect'

- new MCH file format (first byte=invers (0 or $80), 8 bytes=char data ... 5 bytes=colors 712,708,709,710,711)

- many changes in ZOOM (Layer: ALL,BMP,PMG, ZOOM Factor, Brush Size, Grid Size, PMG Brush, PMG Eraser, Auto Invers - enable/disable char invers)

p.s.

ALL previous G2F version work properly only if Windows XP Desktop is CLASSIC !!! (transparency color problem)

It's been a good update to the program, I've not had chance yet to delve into it properly. I've been particularly happy to see the zoom features implemented now, It'll make a big difference helping to save time editing :) Edited by Tezz

v3.8.7.4 for testing

p.s.

Hi Tebe, thanks for the update to such a good program.

I'm not sure if I'm the only person affected though, but I tend to get problems with window sizes and text which has run through all of the versions. Is there something that I can manually change to fix the problems in the attached graphic? I am using XP in Classic mode, SP3 I think.

post-24134-125767131329_thumb.gif

Edited by snicklin

v3.8.7.4 for testing

p.s.

Hi Tebe, thanks for the update to such a good program.

I'm not sure if I'm the only person affected though, but I tend to get problems with window sizes and text which has run through all of the versions. Is there something that I can manually change to fix the problems in the attached graphic? I am using XP in Classic mode, SP3 I think.

You have some strange font set or bigger size of it, it's not standard font on your screenshots, but I have to agree it should not be problem for the application

You have some strange font set or bigger size of it, it's not standard font on your screenshots, but I have to agree it should not be problem for the application

Thanks MaPa, I was thinking that I had a standard font, but after going through my Windows settings, I realised that I have my font set at 120DPI rather than 96DPI due to my high resolution screen (and not wanting eye-ache). A quick reboot and all was sorted out.

Snicklin, G2F used fonts 'MS Sans Serif" and bigger font 'Fixedsys'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixedsys

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Sans_Serif

is any G2F windows properly showed or all windows is so big

p.s.

TForm property SCALED is set TRUE, mayby it's a problem

p.s. #2

Deafult DPI is 96dpi, if you install other DPI you must reinstall fonts

Edited by tebe

p.s.

p.s. #2

Hi Tebe, I had the problem on all of the forms. However, I have now gone back to the default 96 DPI and this has resolved my problems.

p.s.

p.s. #2

Hi Tebe, I had the problem on all of the forms. However, I have now gone back to the default 96 DPI and this has resolved my problems.

ok, all G2F forms is designed for 96dpi

• 9 months later...