IGNORED

Anyone creating music?

lostwire

I'm considering buying an 800 XL to write music on after hearing the wonderful sounds produced by the electronic group 8-bit construction set (http://beigerecords.com/)... which they claim was created entirely on the above mentioned computer (well, they also use a c64).

Has anyone here been sequencing & generating sounds with the 800XL? What software was / is available & is it possible to sync with other midi gear?

The Synthcart is on its way to my door but I'd also like to see what i could do with the ir 8-bit computers

try to download atari800win emulator (best is 2.8 or better 3.0) and download Theta music Composer...

they are all sequenzer which are similar to Mod-Trackers from Amiga/PC. There are MIDI stuff, too, but i never checked...

theta music composer you can find here

http://www.s-direktnet.de/homepages/k_nadj/main.html

unfortunatly the Docs are in polish but you can figure it out how it works by yourself. if you have really heavy question i can ask my polish friends to translate it...

important: RETURN plays the music or the Pattern depending where your Cursor stands. the active window can be changed by TAB...

when loading it in Atari800win be sure that you have activated STEREO in the Sound Menu of Atari800win... Why?

Theta Music Composer is the only tracker which uses 1-8 Channels depending on how many POKEYs are build in. A lot of guys have upgraded their atari computers with a second POKEY and Theta can adress them...

Heaven/Taquart

Oh, now I understand. You must forgive me... I'm new to all of this.

Can this task be performed on a Mac? I downloaded the emulator listed in todays Atari Age news but it doesn't appear to emulate any Atari's at all, & it wouldn't recognize the file you suggested I download

well... for the mac emu i can not help... but maybe you need the standards for every emulator which means the BIOS rom files:

5200.bin

romosa.bin

romosb.bin

romxl.bin

ataribas.bin

this could be the reason...

do you have just macs? or do you have a pc @ home? maybe one way could be generating sounds in atari800win and thetamusic composer i mentioned... record the sound with the emulator as WAV and then use this sounds as samples in cubase or logic or cakewalk...(well i dont know what kind of sequenzer you are using on mac...)

hve

I have a Mac at work & at home. The Mac at home has Virtual PC running Windows 2000... it's kind of quirky but maybe I could get an emulator to run on there. Could you point me to a link where I can download an emulator to run the program you've mentioned?

Was there ever any sequencers or sound creation programs which used the Atari's chip available for the original 800XL back in the day?