IGNORED

myatari.com XC-12 question

mjlescord

To save you a bit of a hassle here, I went through trying to get a nice cassette for my XE so I could play alot of games I hadnt tried yet. It appears that the cassette stuff is very unreliable. I had to go through 2 1010's just to get one to work, then most of the cassette games I acquired were bad due to bit rot .

Hope your luck is better than mine.

I would agree that the tape player was not the best way to load data into the computer.. after all its a very primitive Analog to Digital way of transfer. games would take forever to load and many times you get "boot error" message..

but it was a cheap interface to buy (compare to disk drives).. in the late 80th in europe started to appear sevral enhancment from the atari tape player.. like the Rambit from UK and Turbotapes upgrade from East Europe.. with this interfaces you can shrink the game upload time from 10min to 1min or even less..

here is a link for a nice XC12 tape upgade: http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~sgl/atari/...00/turb6000.htm

if only atari did this in the original tape.. our life was much better