IGNORED

help locating game documents/manuals

Gunstar

O.K., I've recently started playing the classic graphic adventure "The Pawn." I used to own the original, but after all these years all I have left from it is a little poster that came with the game. I got to a point in the game where it asked me for a word on a certain line in one of the books that came with it. So I can't go any further. Are these manuals online somewhere to download? I never did finish this game back in the day and I'd love to get into the others by Firebird like "Guild of Thieves," etc. too, but obviosly they are usless without the needed manuals. Please help.

quote:

Originally posted by Goochman:

Well,

Once you find the 'key' you can find the solution here:

Thanks for the link, but I still need the real story book for the 'key.' By the way, if that's a hint, I've got the key I had on my person as well as a key I found up in a tree in the forest that has that door in it's side...

There's one more thing, IIRK, there was supposed to be a way in the 8-bit version of this game to scroll around the pictures? I believe this had something to do with them not wanting to reduce the resolution of the pictures when it was ported from platforms like the ST/Amiga? So the solution was to be able to scroll around the picture...is this possible? I'm NOT refering to the select&start keys allowing you to scroll the picture up&down to see the text...