IGNORED

Card-edge connectors for 8-bit carts & XE PBI

warerat

I'm not sure about edge connectors, but there are several ways of connecting your Atari to the outside world. Atari's own starter lab set (may still be available from some online dealers), which plugs into the joystick port has RCA style inputs, and quite a few of them, for connecting stuff. There were also numerous articles over the years in Antic and Analog magazines for connecting everything from radio-shack robots to home security to weather satilite imagery. I know that all of Antic's mags are now online and there might even be a link here at AtariAge. Also something like the 850 interface or ICD's equivelant allows for standard connections such as an RS232 port. Even the Atari's own SIO port has been used countless times to hook into "homebrew" devices. If you can be more specific about what type of projects your interested in doing, I'm sure someone can direct you to an article or other info. These are old computers after all, I'm sure it's all been done before and the information you want is out there...somewhere.

[ 06-10-2002: Message edited by: Gunstar ]