IGNORED

Young lynxer

slimy007

Do you think ime weard (I think I am)because i am actuly to young(as I am 15) to relly be involved with this particular system. I bought one at a game x change a month ago and truley love the system. If you still dont think ime weard I also collect atari 2600 games also.( I have no idea how i got int that)

No I don't think you are weird just because you like a system that is from a different generation of gamers. You have found out something that a lot of people don't know. And that is that all the graphics in the world are not going to make a bad game a good one.

Because the Atari 2600 has limited resources compared to today's systems, the programmers learned how to make the best of what the system could do. Programmers then knew how to make a game fun and easy to play without a lot of complicated instructions. The programmers of today's machines are spoiled and really don't take the time to optimize the code that they use for creating games. They do not emphasize the playing experience by releasing unique games or novel game play. Instead, they just keep releasing the same thing over and over and just make some minor changes to the look of a game and hope that you will buy into the hype. Look at how many 3-D shooters there are for example.

The Lynx on the otherhand is a super gaming system. I never owned one until recently when I won my current one on ebay and now that I have it, I can't believe that Nintendo with their monochrome Gameboy was able to dominate the market with their machine when the Lynx beat it by a mile, hands down.

If Atari had released the Lynx system at Christmas time in big enough numbers, they would have kicked Nintendo's heiney. Instead they allowed Nintendo to control Christmas by not having the Lynx ready in all the key markets and then everyone only wanted to play games that their friends had and their friends had the Nintendo gameboy.

Another case of great hardware and poor marketing from Atari that was repeated time and time again by the Tramiels. They were too frugal when it came to marketing and should have spent more to gain a national audience.