Dragons Lair jag cd

Cripper

hi

i have just got a copy of this game for my jag cd. it does not work

properly with my PAL jaguar system ( i live in the uk ). When i tried it on

an NTSC jaguar that i have it works fine. I am wondering if there is a

special PAL version of this game or if it is NTSC only. I think all other

jag games work on any console.

Its NTSC only - you will have to mod you Jaguar to play the game. Gunstar can tell you how to do this (and did on JII I believe)I would not waste my time though - all of the Readysoft games for the Jaguar CD (Dragons Lair, Space Ace, and Braindead 13) suck with bad control, grainy graphics, and lockups.

Awe, they aren't that bad, although I could never recover a saved game for Braindead 13. At least Dragon's Lair has all it's scenes intact. I never had a problem with the controls for it, Braindead 13 was harder because they implemented beeps instead of flashing items and places to tell you where to go...But I like them very much. I've never done a Pal moc for the Jaguar though, only my 7800. I would figure it out and do a write up if I had a good reason, but there aren't any Pal only games for the Jag, and I'm an American.

All the laserdisc games were disappointments on the Jag after palying them on the PC. They used a low grainy resolution for the graphics so they could fit them all onto one CD. I must admit I was surprised to see all the scenes in Dragons Lair that I had missed (damn PC version). But the graininess of it just ruined it.

Braindead 13 was fun because I knew a guy just like the main character. I kept dying because I was watching the scene and not watching where I should go. I'd like so see a moive of the whole thing so I can finally watch the whole thing start to finish.

Tempest

I finished BD13 twice. I did find some new scenes the second time through and there is a short way and a long way...well, more than one long way...it wasn't as grainy as Dragon's lair either, although I'll assume it was better on the PC. I was just happy to have my old laser disc favorites on a home console, and I didn't have a pc at the time anyway, so they've always satisfied me.