IGNORED

Spacewar 2000

Tempest

I just got my copy of Spacewar 2000 from B&C and this game rocks! It's really an enhanced version of Star Raiders, but it's done really well. The graphics are top notch, the gameplay is really fun, and the sounds are... well they're shooting sounds (nothing interesting about that).

It's too bad this is really just a playable demo. Once you shoot a few enemies the game ends (and it crashes on rare occasions), but still... Wow! I can't believe Atari never finished this game.

Tempest

I just got mine too! I love it! I wrote up a small "what it's like" on JI2. I hate to rate it since it is an unfinished game, but it is better than a lot of finished games and the graphics and frame rate are top notch. A fine example of what could have been to tease you, but it is VERY playable. You have to take out more ships and they move faster depending on what droid setting you have them set on. It's got an assortment of weapons cockpit and behind the ship views that both work well, as well as side and reverse views that come in handy. It has good special effects. The music totally sounds like the type of battle music from Wing Commander III. It is very fast with a very smooth framerate. Not a finished game, but what you would have seen as a game tester working at Atari. Bottom line is it is good for what it is...extremely good.

www.battlesphere.com or www.4play.com (they're the same). I was told by T-Bird that they've actually made the games, and they're waiting for one of their team members to finsih up something at work before selling them again. If you listen to what he's been saying on JI2 he's mentioned this several times but everyone immeditely blasts him for not selling them now. Go fig.

Tempest

hey tempest, thx for the links. you know if they are taking any kind of pre-order?

i'll tell ya the thing that irked me SO much... i was one of those guys who spent time time bashing all the naysayers that BS would never come out, defending 4play. hell, there was even a time in which i worked at apple (the bad days) where i was in contact with t-bird about possibly porting that game to the mac. needless to say, i couldn't get anyone to listen to me at the big 'a'.

as time went on and as BS kept taking it's time to be released, i kinda fell out of the jag scene and lost track of BS thinkng that signing up on the list to be informed with news would keep me up to date letting me know where and how to buy.

when i returned to jag gaming, lo and behold, not only had it released, they had done a second run and sold out of that too! so i was a little miffed that i was never informed via email that the game was due to be released (twice!).

anyways, that's my rant...

After the fiasco with the "pre-orders" from last time I don't think so. I doubt they'll even anounce it on the JI2 board when it comes out. I think this is one of those "the faithful will get theirs" type of things. Be vigilant and I'm sure we'll all get one.

Tempest