IGNORED

J64 DEMO GAME CART

waslter2050

I followed the link, quite interesting, but it didnt seem to answer the question, of what is on the cd featured here, there are several photos of this disk, but does anyone know what it is?

AtariJaguar_4.jpg

sorry for linking such a large image, but it was the first copy of it I found

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrant:

ROFLMAO
Thats classic.

OK, that's enough. I can handle and even use such abreviations as IMO or IMHO and a few others to save time, but just what the heck are you trying to say there? I like to read messages here and not have to decipher them!

That's just ridiculous.

I just had a thought about this; maybe your having trouble with my message? So I'll redo it your way: OKTE. ICHAEUSAA IMO O IMHO AAFOTST, BJWTHAYTTST? ILTRMHSNHTDT! TJR.

[ 10-29-2001: Message edited by: Gunstar ]

ROFLMAO is very standard netspeek, it stands for Rolling On the Floor Laughing My Arse Off.

Oh, and btw, why do I now have a star under my name? not that Im complaining hehe, but I've never quite understood some of the ubb's more intricate workings. Oh, and can one of the admin/moderators make me up a dig dug picture with the arcade colours please? I'll send an image if needed.

[ 10-29-2001: Message edited by: Tyrant ]

quote:

ROFLMAO is very standard netspeek, it stands for
R
olling
O
n the
F
loor
L
aughing
M
y
A
rse
O
ff.

Sorry, it can't be that standard, I surf a bit and use a lot of message boards and I've never seen that before. I see LOL quite a bit, now THAT'S a standard one that you could have used and an ignoramis like me could understand it.

Although, I also fail to see the humor anyway. Everything in that ad was perfectly true at the time. I own it and although it only has a little more than a dozen games, most rock, and the VLM definately rocks, it's a very cool add on.

[ 10-29-2001: Message edited by: Gunstar ]

quote:

ROFLMAO is very standard netspeek

I've always been annoyed by "netspeak", and I refuse to use it myself. Why should I use three letters to indicate a funny when I can just type "haha"? But whatever... I'm not going to try and stop acronyms (After all, I *am* an engineering student).

Oh, and btw, why do I now have a star under my name?

It's a ranking of sorts. The more messages you post, the more stars you get. I can't remember at what postcounts you actually get another star, but it goes something like:

1st star: 10 posts

2nd star: 50 posts

3rd star: 100 posts

4th star: 250 posts

5th star: 500 posts

!!!!!!!!: 1000 posts

Tempest is the only one with the !'s so far... but I'm gradually getting there.

Oh, and can one of the admin/moderators make me up a dig dug picture with the arcade colours please? I'll send an image if needed.

You'll probably have to make it yourself... the admins are busy doing admin things... such as adding in the Lynx section (I hope). Most of the people here with non-standard avatars made them themselves. I just took a screenshot from Wizard of Wor and did some image manipulation on it myself... I really should try making a better one.

--Zero

quote:

ROFLMAO is very standard netspeek, it stands for
R
olling
O
n the
F
loor
L
aughing
M
y
A
rse
O
ff.

Oh, and btw, why do I now have a star under my name? not that Im complaining hehe, but I've never quite understood some of the ubb's more intricate workings. Oh, and can one of the admin/moderators make me up a dig dug picture with the arcade colours please? I'll send an image if needed.

[ 10-29-2001: Message edited by: Tyrant ]

Hey Nick,

The stars are just for fun - the more you post, the more you get. I'm not sure what image you want exactly, but if you have something in mind you can send it to editor@atariage.com and we'll get it set up.

quote:

Originally posted by Gunstar:

Although, I also fail to see the humor anyway. Everything in that ad was perfectly true at the time. I own it and although it only has a little more than a dozen games, most rock, and the VLM definately rocks, it's a very cool add on.

Oh I couldnt agree more, I would love to get hold of a JagCD, they do rock, I was laughing about the fact that the CD (disk) in the picture was blank. One would think that if they went to the effort to produce a number of CD's printed with Jaguar logo's on the top, they would have at least put on a logo or small demo on the disk. It wouldnt have taken more than 10 minutes for someone to write the code to just display the Jag logo onscreen, maybe play a video of some TV Adverts, or some video clips from some games, etc. Did they ever make any adverts btw?

quote:

On a related note, quite often, in pictures of Jag CD units, you quite often see the lid open, with a plain black cd inside with two eyes and the jaguar logo... whats on that disk?

I've got one...they have absolutely nothing on them, but being the Jag Freak that I am, I had to have it anyways. Here's a pic:

jageyes.jpg

-Kevin

quote:

Oh I couldnt agree more, I would love to get hold of a JagCD, they do rock, I was laughing about the fact that the CD (disk) in the picture was blank. One would think that if they went to the effort to produce a number of CD's printed with Jaguar logo's on the top, they would have at least put on a logo or small demo on the disk. It wouldnt have taken more than 10 minutes for someone to write the code to just display the Jag logo onscreen, maybe play a video of some TV Adverts, or some video clips from some games, etc. Did they ever make any adverts btw?

AHH! yeah, I see the humor in that! Never really thought about it before...

Yes they did make some adverts, shown really late at night, and as far as I know, only on the SCI-FI channel (or was it comedy central?) during Mystery Science Theater 3K. They had one with a guy sitting in some type of lab, with lightbulbs all over his head and wires hooked everywhere, and he says; "Why should I pay 300 dollars for a 32-bit system when I can get an Atari Jaguar 64-bit multimedia system for $149?" They had one for DOOM too, with a preacher preaching something or other about hell and showing the game and the other one that I never saw was an Iron Soldier ad I think. Other than that, they only advertised in video game mags as far as I know, they had quite a few of those, but that only reaches the die-hards anyway, most of the "masses" that they needed to buy the system never saw anything about it and didn't even know the system existed. Ever since Jack T. took over, marketing&advertisment sucked. His competition couldn't have done a better job of sending Atari down the drain.