IGNORED

my atari video music site

chucklarge

Nice page! I've never seen the AVM in action before.

I would highly highly recommend that you make the videos right click or linked download instead of having 4 videos on the same page all downloading at once (I have DSL and it even hit me!)

Plus you'll be reaching your bandwidth limit in no time like that!

Overall a nice page! :)

Thanks for sharing!

Clint Thompson

• 3 months later...
The AVM unit is featured somewhat prominently in the late 70's movie 'Over the Edge', Matt Dillons first film. Great movie.

That's the name I was trying to remember the other day! Thanks! I saw that movie on cable in the early 80's and still remember one of the kids getting stoned and lying on his bed with the AVM going on the TV. Was a cool movie at the time when the locked all the parents in the school.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
There's a power block? No, there's no power block. There's just a power cord sticking out about a foot from it's case. I guess fixing this thing will be a little more difficult than just getting a new power cord.  :sad:

I'll look up the power supply requirements and get back to you.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

You are in luck... The power supply is AC which means no polarity issue!

16.6 v AC 100 mA It is the smallest AC adapter I have ever seen!

So get a little AC adapter, solder the 2 wire ends together, a little shrinkwrap tubing makes it look professional .. and you're in business!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still waiting for my brother to come over and rewire mine. He went through chemotherapy, and it totally shot his memory full of holes. I keep calling him and asking him when he's going to drop by and pick the Atari Video Music up and put a new power supply on it, but he doesn't show up. He just forgets. I really want to see my AVM in action (and to see if it actually works), but he just can't remember to pick the thing up.

• 2 months later...