IGNORED

a jaguar owner please reply

Atari-Jess

Whenever I power up my Jaguar without a game, this is what happens.

1.) The LED light DOES turn on.

2.) You hear the Jaguar "roaring" sound.

3.) The Jaguar Logo scales into the screen.

4.) Finally, the screen turns RED with the Jaguar logo still on the screen.

Atari Jess, if your does not do this, you may have a defective unit. The same thing happens if you don't insert a cart correctly. I just tried it with my console and these are the results.

quote:

Originally posted by Adrian M:

Atari Jess, if your does not do this, you may have a defective unit. The same thing happens if you don't insert a cart correctly. I just tried it with my console and these are the results.

But then why does nothing happen when i have NO cart in mine when i turn on the power (this happens on both my jag's)

Are there different kinds of jag's?

maybe in the later models they put the logo thing in

quote:

You don't, by chance, have a Jag CD plugged in, do you?

Mitch

http://atari7800.atari.org

No, I don't own the CD.

I assure you that this is what happens as I just tried it to be absolutely certain. I'm not sure how old this Jag is or when it was made as I got it as a bundle deal on ebay several months ago.

I'm looking to unload my Jag collection. Check the marketplace forum for the URL to my Jag. I also put Rayman on ebay as well. I'll be systematically putting the rest of my games on ebay over the next few weeks. Just got my XBOX and no longer have a need for the Jag.

i have the following:

FCC ID: EBAJ8001

ATARI CORPORATION

MADE IN THE USA

The serial # (barcode) is a sticker:

K13C003462

There's no indication of the date of manufacture. It doesn't matter since this system is being sold anyway. If I have no takers on my ebay auction (comes with 2 NEW controllers, A/V cable and 2 games by the way!) I'll simply throw the Jag into the trash as I no longer have any use for it.

quote:

Originally posted by Adrian M:

If I have no takers on my ebay auction (comes with 2 NEW controllers, A/V cable and 2 games by the way!) I'll simply throw the Jag into the trash as I no longer have any use for it.

Ouch thats kinda harsh isnt it?

hey ill take it man! even if mine does work i want it! (that is if you are gonna toss it)

i mean better it have a home where its gonna be used than in the trash rotting right?

of course ill pay the roughly 20 american( or whatever it turns out to be) shipping but i do want it if you cant unload it! I mean 2 new controllers and 2 games, cant beat that.

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: Atari-Jess ]

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: Atari-Jess ]

And mine is:

FCC ID: EBAJ8001

and the Barcode (serial number) is:

M249002905

Sounds like mine is the closest to Atari-Jess' Jag.

Adrian, if nobody bids on your auction, let me know. I don't really need another Jag but I'd pay at least shipping rather than having it thrown out.

Mitch

http://atari7800.atari.org

It's not harsh, it's just that I have too many game systems as it is and I just don't have the time to post and repost ebay auctions for this stuff (I refuse to sell the entire collection as a complete bundle since I'll only get a fraction of the money I spent on it). Let's face it, used Jag systems don't exactly fetch big $$$ and to continually post things on ebay also costs time and money.

It's a great system, but I have to systematically cut down on my collection of games and systems since I'll be moving into a new place real soon!

For the record, the fact that I am selling my Jag in no way indicates that I am no longer an Atari fan/collector.

I have TONS of game systems and I need to trim down the number of games and consoles I have in my possession. I have a 2600 with over 150 games which I've had since I was a kid and I am not about to part with that. The Jag, on the other hand, was a system I bought a few months ago more out of curiosity than anything else. It's a good system, but I just don't have the same kind of attachment to it as I do with some of my other classic systems, so its an ideal candidate to sell.

Make no mistake about it, I am still an Atari fan and will continue to take part in the community and these boards. 2600 rules!!

Well, this is interesting. Some Jags will power up and some won't. Anyway, because I was bored a few months ago, I tried out every different boot condition. I think I got them all. Hopefully, I won't bore you too much. Of course, the Jag was properly hooked up in all scenarios.

Nothing plugged in cartridge port

Result: Jaguar doesn't power on at all

Game plugged in

Result: Jaguar starts game

Game improperly plugged in

Result: Jaguar powers on, but has a red screen

Memory Track plugged in

Result: Jaguar boots into Memory Track manager

Jag CD plugged in, but Jag CD power supply isn't

Result: Jaguar powers on, has Jaguar logo on screen with random VLM effect as background. There's also a picture of the back of the Jag CD with an arrow pointing to the power jack.

Jag CD plugged in and properly hooked up

Result: As above, but has a CD icon with a question mark on it instead of a picture of the back of the Jag CD.

Jag CD plugged in, properly hooked up, and Memory Track plugged in

Result: Same as above.

Jag CD plugged in with no power, but game plugged in Jag CD's cartridge port

Result: Game starts

Jag CD plugged in with power (all remaining Jag CD conditions have the Jag CD properly hooked up), game is plugged into Jag CD

Result: Same as above

Jag CD plugged in with Audio CD in drive

Result: Music plays

Jag CD plugged in with Jag CD in drive

Result: Game starts

Jag CD plugged in with Jag CD in drive and Memory Track plugged in cartridge port

Result: Same as above

Jag CD plugged in with CD (Jag or Audio) in drive and game plugged in cartridge port

Result: Cartridge game starts, CD is ignored