IGNORED

Towers II

krupkaj

There was also an ST version. If I remember correctly it was a free Shareware download and you had to register it to get beyond a certain point in the game. I didn't play that version, only the Falcon version which I did register. I haven't played Towers on the Jag yet so I can't comment on if its like either the ST or Falcon versions.

Mendon

I've seen screen shots for the ORIGINAL Towers on the ST, although I haven't tried it yet. As you might expect it's done in a smaller window like Dungeon Master, with 16 color graphics of course. So right away the Jaguar version is far better since it's full screen, 256 color I think, maybe more, and obviously I'm sure the animation and frame-rate, etc. are far better. Really, it's like trying to compare Towers II on the Jaguar with Elder Scrolls: Morrow Wind on the PC/Xbox; the technology curve has increased so much it ridiculous. I'd imagine the Falcon version of II doesn't suffer quite as badly when compared to the Jaguar as the ST version.

i've played and completed towers II on the falcon and it's a game worth playing if you have a falcon, i've also played and completed towers on the

ST, and while the graphics are smaller and less colourful it's still a good game for the machine, albiet with N,E,S,W rotation and block stepping. the falcon version has a full screen mode which looks almost like the jaguar version, i don't own the jaguar version yet but i've played it for a while, if you need a few screenshots of it running i'm sure i can sort them out for you.

Since we talk about Towers 2 now, I could maybe ask a question.

I hope you guys don't laugh about me, but I'm stuck quiet early in the game. There is a golden door which I can't open. No key will fit and nothing else I tried. There is a chain on the wall in the next room, but I don't know what it does when I pull it. I took a look at the hints on Telegames's homepage, but I still don't have a clue. Maybe someone here can help me.....

I'm frustrated....because I don't know if it's poor game design or if it is me who's just too stupid arghhhh

thanks

peter

Hi guys

Peterghiea, are you still on the first (bottom) level of the tower?

It's been a while since I've played the game but I think you need a key that one of the cleaning men hold. I think if you talk to the correct one he will give it to you but I find killing them all will eventually lead you to it :D

Hope that helps.If that is not the section you are stuck on ask again I should be able to help

ps hope you enjoy the game it is one of my all time favourites

No it's not the key. I have three keys now, but I know that no key will open that door up. It has to do with the chain I guess or the four black balls but I don't know what. Other than that I like the game a lot but I hope to progress farer.....

Thanks

Peter

In the Telegames hints they talk about something in the Throne room but I don't know what it has to be other than that chain or the balls/marbles....

Well I really like the concept of the game and would love to progress but I'm simply stuck. Don't know what I can do.....

well maybe I#m going to wander around and see what else I can do.....there is still another door which I didn't manage to open yet. Maybe the secret lies behind this. It's in a place after a secret entrance. One door can be opend with a grey key. The other can't.... I#m gonna check it out :-)

Peter

@Peterghiea- in the throne room there's a secret door (part of the wall) marked w/ a small, yellow inverted 'L', but I dont think it's the door you mean.

The only door I recall I got stuck on early was on like the 3rd flr. Look around- you should find more chains w/ scrolls on the floor nearby. You have to assemble the scrolls into a poem (read them in a certain order) & pull the corresponding chains. Then, pull the lone chain & the door SHOULD open.

If you were more specific w/ where you/the door is/what floor, etc. I'd try to help out.

The game IS playable & beatable. It takes a while, but that's what saving is for!

The game IS playable & beatable. It takes a while, but that's what saving is for!

I can testify to that. I beat it once...a long time ago. I'm playing through it again as the wizard guy(much harder as he is a weakling). I just wish that it had more than one save slot. I didn't like the ending too much as it left it completely open for Towers III and as we all know they never worked on one :sad: :mad:

How many here have completed Towers II (out of curiosity)?

Well, I'll be playing the game shortly after Santa puts it under the tree. Maybe I'll try and keep notes and do a quick walk-thru as I play, even though a text-only walk-thru can be confusing at times. Pictures and maps really make a difference.

I did take a look at the hints on the Telegames site. LOL.... kinda reminded me of the hint disk that came packed with Chaos Strikes Back for the ST: didn't find that very useful either. Ended up solving the game on my own without FTL's help :D

Mendon