Towers II

28 replies to this topic

#1 krupkaj OFFLINE  

krupkaj

Stargunner

• 1,224 posts
  • from 8 to 64 and beyond

Posted Fri Dec 5, 2003 6:45 AM

I am curious. Is Tower II the same game as Towers II for Atari Falcon?

#2 Saturn OFFLINE  

Saturn

River Patroller

• 3,588 posts
  • Pillar of the Jaguar Community

Posted Fri Dec 5, 2003 5:24 PM

I am curious. Is Tower II the same game as Towers II for Atari Falcon?

Dude, I wish I knew.

I never had a Falcon but I've heard they are/were pretty powerful machines. 8)

#3 SteveW OFFLINE  

SteveW

Quadrunner

• 6,240 posts

Posted Fri Dec 5, 2003 8:40 PM

There was also a version of Towers (not sure if it was I or II) for Windows 95. The grocery store that I worked in had a software rack with Towers for sale.

#4 Sauron OFFLINE  

Sauron

Quadrunner

• 5,291 posts
  • In the land of Mordor.

Posted Fri Dec 5, 2003 10:38 PM

I would imagine they are quite similar if not the exact same. I have yet to play Towers II on any platform, though.

#5 Clint Thompson OFFLINE  

Clint Thompson

River Patroller

• 4,374 posts
  • Kiss Reality Goodbye.

Posted Sat Dec 6, 2003 6:45 AM

The Towers II on the Jaguar is much better then the Falcon version.
Perhaps I can throw out a side-by-side video comparison of both Towers II on Jag vs. Falcon in the next AtariVision release (once I get my composite cable for my Falcon)

#6 Mendon OFFLINE  

Mendon

River Patroller

• 4,893 posts

Posted Sat Dec 6, 2003 8:13 AM

There was also an ST version. If I remember correctly it was a free Shareware download and you had to register it to get beyond a certain point in the game. I didn't play that version, only the Falcon version which I did register. I haven't played Towers on the Jag yet so I can't comment on if its like either the ST or Falcon versions.

Mendon

#7 Gunstar OFFLINE  

Gunstar

Gunstar

• 9,738 posts

Posted Sat Dec 6, 2003 1:11 PM

I've seen screen shots for the ORIGINAL Towers on the ST, although I haven't tried it yet. As you might expect it's done in a smaller window like Dungeon Master, with 16 color graphics of course. So right away the Jaguar version is far better since it's full screen, 256 color I think, maybe more, and obviously I'm sure the animation and frame-rate, etc. are far better. Really, it's like trying to compare Towers II on the Jaguar with Elder Scrolls: Morrow Wind on the PC/Xbox; the technology curve has increased so much it ridiculous. I'd imagine the Falcon version of II doesn't suffer quite as badly when compared to the Jaguar as the ST version.

#8 neo_rg ONLINE  

neo_rg

Moonsweeper

• 373 posts

Posted Sat Dec 6, 2003 2:14 PM

i've played and completed towers II on the falcon and it's a game worth playing if you have a falcon, i've also played and completed towers on the
ST, and while the graphics are smaller and less colourful it's still a good game for the machine, albiet with N,E,S,W rotation and block stepping. the falcon version has a full screen mode which looks almost like the jaguar version, i don't own the jaguar version yet but i've played it for a while, if you need a few screenshots of it running i'm sure i can sort them out for you.

#9 PeterG OFFLINE  

PeterG

Dragonstomper

• 891 posts

Posted Sun Dec 7, 2003 6:34 PM

Since we talk about Towers 2 now, I could maybe ask a question.
I hope you guys don't laugh about me, but I'm stuck quiet early in the game. There is a golden door which I can't open. No key will fit and nothing else I tried. There is a chain on the wall in the next room, but I don't know what it does when I pull it. I took a look at the hints on Telegames's homepage, but I still don't have a clue. Maybe someone here can help me.....
I'm frustrated....because I don't know if it's poor game design or if it is me who's just too stupid arghhhh
thanks
peter

#10 Mendon OFFLINE  

Mendon

River Patroller

• 4,893 posts

Posted Mon Dec 8, 2003 6:59 AM

Since I'll be getting the game for Christmas, I hope someone answers your question, Peter. Just in case I get stuck at that point also :)

Mendon

#11 sarcyparky OFFLINE  

sarcyparky

Space Invader

• 15 posts

Posted Mon Dec 8, 2003 7:52 AM

Hi guys

Peterghiea, are you still on the first (bottom) level of the tower?

It's been a while since I've played the game but I think you need a key that one of the cleaning men hold. I think if you talk to the correct one he will give it to you but I find killing them all will eventually lead you to it :D

Hope that helps.If that is not the section you are stuck on ask again I should be able to help

ps hope you enjoy the game it is one of my all time favourites

#12 PeterG OFFLINE  

PeterG

Dragonstomper

• 891 posts

Posted Mon Dec 8, 2003 12:07 PM

No it's not the key. I have three keys now, but I know that no key will open that door up. It has to do with the chain I guess or the four black balls but I don't know what. Other than that I like the game a lot but I hope to progress farer.....
Thanks
Peter
In the Telegames hints they talk about something in the Throne room but I don't know what it has to be other than that chain or the balls/marbles....

#13 JagChris OFFLINE  

JagChris

River Patroller

• 3,602 posts

Posted Tue Dec 9, 2003 9:58 PM

In Towers II I've been stuck in the room with the hanging chains and the thieves and the scrolls since '97. I can't remember if its on the first or second level.

#14 Adrian M OFFLINE  

Adrian M

Quadrunner

• 5,620 posts

Posted Tue Dec 9, 2003 10:56 PM

http://www.telegames.com/ret_t2w95.htm

Has anyone noticed that this game is available for Windows PC? Apparently Telegames has it on their site. $14.95...

#15 SteveW OFFLINE  

SteveW

Quadrunner

• 6,240 posts

Posted Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:22 AM

Towers II is also available for the GameBoy Color. And so is the original, Towers 1.

#16 The Helper OFFLINE  

The Helper

Moonsweeper

• 376 posts

Posted Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:30 AM

See

http://dmoz.org/Game...ng/T/Towers_II/

#17 PeterG OFFLINE  

PeterG

Dragonstomper

• 891 posts

Posted Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:19 PM

well thanks, but I already had these tips, still id don't know what to do about that one door....
but maybe I'll find out thanks.....
Peter

#18 sarcyparky OFFLINE  

sarcyparky

Space Invader

• 15 posts

Posted Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:21 AM

Hi
Well, I don't have access to my Jag until this weekend but I was planning on starting a new adventure pretty soon, so as soon as I get to that point and figure it out again I will let you know

#19 PeterG OFFLINE  

PeterG

Dragonstomper

• 891 posts

Posted Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:52 AM

Well sounds good to me :-)
Peter

#20 SteveW OFFLINE  

SteveW

Quadrunner

• 6,240 posts

Posted Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:56 PM

Sorry I couldn't be any help, but I got stuck very, very early on. I gave up fairly quickly.

#21 PeterG OFFLINE  

PeterG

Dragonstomper

• 891 posts

Posted Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:10 AM

Well I really like the concept of the game and would love to progress but I'm simply stuck. Don't know what I can do.....
well maybe I#m going to wander around and see what else I can do.....there is still another door which I didn't manage to open yet. Maybe the secret lies behind this. It's in a place after a secret entrance. One door can be opend with a grey key. The other can't.... I#m gonna check it out :-)
Peter

#22 RJ OFFLINE  

RJ

River Patroller

• 4,609 posts

Posted Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:50 AM

@Peterghiea- in the throne room there's a secret door (part of the wall) marked w/ a small, yellow inverted 'L', but I dont think it's the door you mean.

The only door I recall I got stuck on early was on like the 3rd flr. Look around- you should find more chains w/ scrolls on the floor nearby. You have to assemble the scrolls into a poem (read them in a certain order) & pull the corresponding chains. Then, pull the lone chain & the door SHOULD open.

If you were more specific w/ where you/the door is/what floor, etc. I'd try to help out.

The game IS playable & beatable. It takes a while, but that's what saving is for!

#23 Shaggy the Atarian OFFLINE  

Shaggy the Atarian

Stargunner

• 1,267 posts

Posted Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:49 AM

The game IS playable & beatable. It takes a while, but that's what saving is for!

I can testify to that. I beat it once...a long time ago. I'm playing through it again as the wizard guy(much harder as he is a weakling). I just wish that it had more than one save slot. I didn't like the ending too much as it left it completely open for Towers III and as we all know they never worked on one :sad: :mad:

How many here have completed Towers II (out of curiosity)?

#24 RJ OFFLINE  

RJ

River Patroller

• 4,609 posts

Posted Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:33 AM

Me.

I also thought the poor ending left us hanging.

#25 Mendon OFFLINE  

Mendon

River Patroller

• 4,893 posts

Posted Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:57 AM

Well, I'll be playing the game shortly after Santa puts it under the tree. Maybe I'll try and keep notes and do a quick walk-thru as I play, even though a text-only walk-thru can be confusing at times. Pictures and maps really make a difference.

I did take a look at the hints on the Telegames site. LOL.... kinda reminded me of the hint disk that came packed with Chaos Strikes Back for the ST: didn't find that very useful either. Ended up solving the game on my own without FTL's help :D

Mendon

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users