IGNORED

MIA Prototypes

Tempest

This needs to still exist badly . . . I think I'd sell a kidney to own it, if it were as good as the original . . .

And what about 2600 Zenji? It was given a catalog # at one point.

Ditto Sunrise's Snowplow, which was demoed at shows, but doesn't seem to be in the public.

And as for SQ:Airworld . . . Do they all have different title screens? I've only ever owned Earthworld, and would it be possible that a title-only version exists and has just been overlooked?

And what about 2600 Zenji? It was given a catalog # at one point.

Nope. It never existed. Activision alumni have confirmed this.

Ditto Sunrise's Snowplow, which was demoed at shows, but doesn't seem to be in the public

Good catch.

And as for SQ:Airworld . . . Do they all have different title screens? I've only ever owned Earthworld, and would it be possible that a title-only version exists and has just been overlooked?

Yes they all have different titles. It's doubtful that Airworld exists as a prototype. It's more likely that it exsits on a disk somewhere.

Tempest

Yes they all have different titles.  It's doubtful that Airworld exists as a prototype.  It's more likely that it exsits on a disk somewhere.

I know that Bill Esquivel's "ROM image archive" has a place that is labelled "SQ Airworld". There is supposed to be a chip in there, but, alas, that one is missing from the archive... :sad:

Cheers,

Marco

I know that Bill Esquivel's "ROM image archive" has a place that is labelled "SQ Airworld". There is supposed to be a chip in there, but, alas, that one is missing from the archive...

Yeah I heard that as well. I've also heard of an Airworld "proto" being found, but it turned out to be a mislabeled Fireworld proto.

Tempest

Yes they all have different titles.  It's doubtful that Airworld exists as a prototype.  It's more likely that it exsits on a disk somewhere.

I know that Bill Esquivel's "ROM image archive" has a place that is labelled "SQ Airworld". There is supposed to be a chip in there, but, alas, that one is missing from the archive... :sad:

Cheers,

Marco

Actually I saw that compartment, opened it right up... but alas nothing inside, next to it also were compartments for Tournament Fireworld and Earthworld... Bill said those no longer were around.

Curt

I am SO hoping that 7800 Rampart is found!

Hmmmmm, ehhh could be ..... ;-)

Curt

You tease!!!

If it IS found, as soon as it's dumped, I WANT A COPY!!!!

:D

You know how I work dude, once I have it, I release it within days... still trying to verify that its real and legit, once I know I'll let you guys know...

Curt

You know how I work dude, once I have it, I release it within days... still trying to verify that its real and legit, once I know I'll let you guys know...

Curt

Possible 7800 proto? My fingers are starting to tingle... ;)

Mitch

No Shit! I have to see what Rampart is like on the 7800! And if it is even remotely complete, I will wonder why Atari didn't finish it?

However, where is Moon Patrol? The 7800 could sooo do this game total arcade justice. Would be better with a Pokey as well, but I am willing to bet that 7800 Moon Patrol if found would be basically just graphically superior to the 5200 version, but still basically sound like 2600 moon patrol. Still, Moon Patrol and Crystal Castles for the 7800 Must be Found!

No Shit! I have to see what Rampart is like on the 7800! And if it is even remotely complete, I will wonder why Atari didn't finish it?

However, where is Moon Patrol? The 7800 could sooo do this game total arcade justice. Would be better with a Pokey as well, but I am willing to bet that 7800 Moon Patrol if found would be basically just graphically superior to the 5200 version, but still basically sound like 2600 moon patrol. Still, Moon Patrol and Crystal Castles for the 7800 Must be Found!

Moon Patrol is supposed to be close to finished.... I would LOVE to see Moon Patrol on the 7800.... I'd love to see somoone hack Ms Pac Man into full blow Arcade Pac Man on the 7800 !!!

Curt

Moon Patrol is supposed to be close to finished....

This is what I've read. The information came from the DP guide. I think they got it off some old Atari documentation, but that information has proven to be hit and miss. So Moon Patrol may or may not be 100% complete.

I'd bet there are a few arcade translations that were started back in 84 that were in some stage of completion. Games like Track and Field, Crystal Castles, and Millipede were all supposed to be in the works.

Tempest

• 2 months later...