IGNORED

a7800 centipede the best home version?

Heaven/TQA

7800 Centipede-TB is the best if you have 2 Trak-Balls* and a friend to play with. However, it still doesn't have POKEY audio like the 5200 version has. But do buy it if it's in the AtariAge Store currently.

*It'll work with both CX22s and CX80s.

Thank you for reminding me that I need a second CX-80. Time for another "Want To Buy" ad in the Marketplace section. :lol: I do agree though, the 7800 version of Centipede is my favorite. I haven't picked up Centipede TB yet since I've been waiting to get a second trackball before I pick it up, but if it it controls as smoothly and Centipede and Millipede TB on the 2600 then it should be the best home version of Centipede. I do have Midway Presents Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection Volume 1 for the original PlayStation (which does have Centipede on it) as well as the Nyko Classic Trackball for the PlayStation that works with it, but sadly the Nyko trackball just doesn't work well with Centipede no matter how you adjust the sensitivity and the movement is always really jerky. The 7800 version of Centipede plays much better in my opinion.

Edited by Jin
  • Like 1

Thank you for reminding me that I need a second CX-80. Time for another "Want To Buy" ad in the Marketplace section. :lol: I do agree though, the 7800 version of Centipede is my favorite. I haven't picked up Centipede TB yet since I've been waiting to get a second trackball before I pick it up, but if it it controls as smoothly and Centipede and Millipede TB on the 2600 then it should be the best home version of Centipede. I do have Midway Presents Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection Volume 1 for the original PlayStation (which does have Centipede on it) as well as the Nyko Classic Trackball for the PlayStation that works with it, but sadly the Nyko trackball just doesn't work well with Centipede no matter how you adjust the sensitivity and the movement is always really jerky. The 7800 version of Centipede plays much better in my opinion.

It can be played with a mix of CX80 and CX22, btw.

When my kids have friends come over to play atari they go for the Team play 7800 centipede. Many other games are 2 players alternating and seems not nearly as fun. So for that reason it gets the vote here for maybe the coolest game to play together. They think they are the guys on pixels saving the world. That is true atari playing with a made up storyline.

• Like 1