IGNORED

My quest has ended

Pitfall Harry

Unfortunately when you pay by the minute to log on with a long distance call, internet access ends up costing $4-$10 an hour. Not good. If you don't have a local dial-up or high speed internet service (preferably the latter) it's just not practical to get online. Which is a damn shame, cause I wish Ben was around more often. Congrats on that score!

My troubles run a bit deeper than that, I'm afraid. I don't have internet access because I no longer have phone service. The phone company cut me off months ago, and they are demanding an unholy sum of money to be left as a deposit to turn it back on. So for now, I have only cell phone service to stay in contact with the world. It's a lousy cell phone contract at that. I'm limited to 30 minutes of free air time per month. Beyond that, I'd ave to pay out the nose for more time.

For now, internet service is beyond my means. But I have free access from time to time on the city library computer. I'll post when I can.

Ben

The phone company cut me off months ago, and they are demanding an unholy sum of money to be left as a deposit to turn it back on.

Phone companies suck! They jerk you around, charge you out the butt, and then make you go circles with a phone answering-machine if you need service. DOWN WITH THE PHONE COMPANY!!!

On the other hand, when I was living back in Idaho, I called the phone company to discontinue my internet service because it was costing me too much per month. Well, I expected them to cut the service after my paid month was through, but they never did and I got free DSL internet service for about 1 1/2 years - until I moved out here to Washington. I still use that email account, but I am unable to dial in to the service anymore because of my location. But I know for fact that when I move back to Idaho, I have free service waiting for me. :twisted: Hey, it's their own stupid fault for being so lazy and never getting around to turning off my service! :-D

• 10 years later...

These topics always remind me of people that havent been around in a long time but used to be here daily.... Seems like a lot of people the more I think about it. I know its just faceless internet people but you still think of them as friends. Kind of sad in a way...ok, I better stop or next thing I know I will start eating ice cream while watching sex in the city and crying ;)