IGNORED

HIGHSCORE CARTRIDGE

jahfish

did anybody have any experience with the guys from 7800.com ?

i did a trade with them. i had dealed with justin, chuck and charles ....

i sent them rare 7800-stuff worth 2 highscore carts. by airmail, insured ....

and i am now waiting since two months, and they don't reply to my mails anymore ....

:-(

can anybody help? does anybody know them?

i found them through http://www.atari7800.com/

they were supposed to ship 3 months ago, then said they sent by surface instead of airmail 2 months ago, since 1 month i don't get any reply to my mails, and since yesterday i start loosing the hope that my things will appear ...

they should be ashamed, i just went on their site and they are selling MY boxed mission impossible there!!!

i hope none of the readers here will order it from them. they have more stuff from me there also .... the prices also are real high, i wonder in comparison if that HSC cart is really worth that much ...

i hope this will be cleared soon, i don't want to post any negative warnings or stuff like that ...

thanx for any assistance.

doesn't anybody know them?

Jah,

I know Justin and Charles and this seems odd that they would do such a thing. I sent them one of the last batches of 10 High Score Cartridges, the newer versions in retro-replica boxes with replica-labels on them so I know they have them in stock.

I will email them personally and see whats going on, if you do not get a response back from them by Tuesday after the holiday weekend, please notify me. If necessary I will personally ship you your High Score Cartridges from my remaining inventory and see about getting a refund back from Justin & Charles.

I'm not happy hearing about this. My email is: curt@atari-history.com If anyone else is having problems such as this I would like to know.

Curt

are you the creator of these carts, curt?

i wonder as they said they did most of it, including the design ...

also george reese told me he's been waiting ages for his stuff.

seems they promise thing they can't realise ....

Jah,

Gary Rubio, a former Atari employee gave me an old schematic and a listing for the code for the cartridge. I designed the board, created the rom's and packaged them into cartridges. I made some pretty lousy labels in the beginning, but later on, designed retro-replica labels and also retro-replica boxes for them to let people feel like they were buying the original product if it had actually been sold 1984 and people really seem to like it and its nice to see the trend continuing as many other products are being annouced with retro-replica boxes and such.

I've received an email back from Charles, apparently there is some kind of issue with Justin and getting orders fulfilled, so Charles will pay me for the cartridges and airmail shipping and I will send you out two carts boxed and signed as you requested on Tuesday.

Curt

It's a sad thing to see what's happened to Atari7800.com. I was approached by Chuck back in October of last year for some 5200 items for their inventory. We always had a good rapport, and he always paid for supplies right away, even asked me to field 5200 tech questions and repairs that might arise. The trade I made back in December 2000 of some repair parts and a 5200 paddle for a couple 7800 games was never honored, true, but that is apparently Justin's fault. The shipping comes out of Texas (where Justin is), and Chuck is in Michigan. Chuck truly meant well, his partner let us all down. Their site is really a well executed web page, and we should be sorry when it's gone. If only the shipping department had it's act together. And kudos to Curt Vendel for honoring HSC orders made to 7800.com, something he doesn't have to do!

G. Reese