IGNORED

Your Back!!!!

Tempest

I actually thought that the problem was with my ISP, since I have www.atariage.com as my start page, I thought that the internet wasn't working at all for a while, then I tried other sites, and it worked. We can all sleep well tonight, knowing our favorite website dedicated to our favorite game console is still operational.

Ian Primus

ian.primus@usa.net

We had to upgrade our account before they would re-enable it. Needless to say, we're not pleased with the way they handled it, from turning off the site in the first place to how long it took them to turn it back on. We're presently shopping around for another host provider that can provide us with a reasonable price and won't shut the site off without warning should we exceed our "allocated bandwidth".

I need to post a news item describing what happened.

..Al

You should do one of those PayPal donation things. I know I'd be happy to help.

It's a possibility, but if we can keep costs under control then we probably won't have to resort to that. It depends where the bandwidth stabilizes. If it keeps going up then perhaps someday we'll have to co-locate a server and that's pretty expensive. At that point we'd probably have to find some way to make the site at least break even.

We don't want to resort to advertising (I personally can't stand banner ads) and we're not sure how people would react to some sort of (very minimal) subscription for enhanced access to the site. We'll probably sell t-shirts and the like, and maybe even come up with some unique Atari-related items to sell.

The road ahead certainly could be interesting.

..Al

I'm glad you're back too. I thought I got banned. You guys thought I was Robsterman or Crazy Mom or something. But glad you're back.

Ha ha! Hey, it's Crazy Mon, not Crazy Mom (to quote him)! Sorry for the confusion, hopefully that'll never happen again...

..Al

Yeah, I was starting to get a little worried. After Dave's went lame and Emusphere shut its doors, I'd begun to think that all my favourite sites were either disappearing or just going bad. Fortunately cooler heads prevailed and I figured something was up and that AtariAge wouldn't just up and disappear, not when it's just gotten its facelift and name change.

And thank God I was right...

And there was much rejoicing....

................yeah.....................

J/K...seriously...it is awesome to see you guys back up. Hopefully your able to work out another deal with another host soon to prevent these interruptions in the future..hehe.

I'd also like to offer my congrats for returning. I thought that my net access had been disabled or something or that I had been blocked from the site.

It was a tough day there.

Did anyone else notice that if you put your mouse over the AtariAge logo next to the news item explaining about the downtime, the tooltip text says: Do'h

Anyway...