IGNORED

Expandovision On Display At Philly Classic

Tempest

Just in case anybody is interested, I will have my Expandovision collection on display at PC5. For those of you not familiar with the Expandovision it's a small unit that plugs into your TV and sits between the TV and your Atari. The unit really doesn't do much, it just flashes a message once and awhile across the screen. It was supposed to be an attempt at subliminal messaging, but as we all know, SM is a load...

I have 5 different boxed "expansion" cartridges with subjects ranging from Stop Smoking to Sexual Confidence (I believe there were 8 cartridges in all). Very interesting stuff, but not much fun to the average gamer (unless you want to freak out your family with evil messages). I don't know how widely distributed the unit was, but it was made by a local company called Stimultec in East Lansing which is where I happened to pick up the units and cartridges. I would doubt very much if it got far outside of Michigan or the surrounding states given the small market and high price of the device (it was $90!).

I will have a few NIB units for trade (or possibly sale) at the show, and I have one extra shrinkwrapped cartridge up for trade also.

Tempest