IGNORED

2600 / Oddessy2 converter box?

liquid_sky

As for the 2600, I recommend you buy a simple coaxial/rca converter at Radio Shack, should run you a couple bucks. Check this page for more info. It's smaller and will give you a clearer signal than a switchbox. You can get a coax channel selector to change between game and TV if you want then. 02 should be the same way, although I seem to recall that some models (all?) require a special modulator box. Not sure about that one.

For the Odyssey2, I would recommend trying a standard box, but if it has the oddball end like Alex is talking about, I would replace the AV line with a standard Atari type and use a coax fitting on the end to hook up to the tv. I have done that with 3 different O2's and they all have worked fine...

thanks for the help guys, ill have to run by the shack and get a coax converter for the 2600.. and for the o2 it does have the weird end, so ill have to rig up one of those boxes, thanks for the help. that page was right, its like an adventure to hook them up.. its been quite a while i might not remember, but didnt the 7800 hook up easier?