IGNORED

New music compo on atariarea.

samurai

Hi guys.

We have just started another fast music compo on atariarea.

This time we wil make cover of Jazzcat's Electric City amiga mod.

It's a great tune worth covering very well. We have standard prize: 4 bottles of beer sponsored by me.

Deadline is Sunday evening, let's say 20.00

Here is link to original mod: http://wuarchive.wustl.edu/~aminet/mods/ja...lectricCity.lha

you will need DeliPlayer to listen to it.

And this is ZX Spectrum cover by AY Riders in mp3 format:

http://ayriders.bluecanary.mine.nu/you_are...ectric_City.mp3

We prefer freestyle versions to just simple cover.

Send tunes to dely: dely AT scene DOT pl

I hope this time some of you will take part of the game.

Gretz.

The best tool for listening THX (AHX2) modules is DeliTracker 2.32 (for Amiga computers only) - predecessor of PC's DeliPlayer :) ... But: you can copy original Amiga THX plugin for Eagle- and DeliTracker to Players section - DeliPlayer can emulate MC68000 opcodes... ^_^

The spectrum versions is really good but I wonder why it is stereo, there must also be a stereo update for the spectrum; how can they fit another AY in this little case?

Anyway I guess a very close conversion to the pokey should be possible.

I am anxious of the results.

The chip itself is "stereo" which means that the channels are not hardwired inside like in the POKEY chip. ... Perhaps in the Spectrum 128 they putted the soundchip-outputs to a stereo connector.

The spectrum versions is really good but I wonder why it is stereo, there must also be a stereo update for the spectrum; how can they fit another AY in this little case?

Anyway I guess a very close conversion to the pokey should be possible.

I am anxious of the results.

Not all Speccys had an AY in the case... s'like adding a second SID to a C64 or a first one to a Plus/4, it can be done externally. =-)

but that's the challenge of a 24h compo... ;)

It's a question of logics?

How much music can you await when you have less than 10 musicians available and doing some "short time" compos in small time distances?

I bet that R.I.K. from ABBUC (like many others) didn't recognize this compo...

And, in addition, there are new features available that musicians have to learn with...if they are interested in "new" soundings.

And at the end... my music isn't a much "asked for" music, so I don't want to make anything "useless".

BTW... Music-compos...

My planned Compo with a 1st price of up to 200Euro still stands and it will happen when RMT is fully supporting POKEYs features and the emulation is at 99% or better ;)

hmm i could take part of it with current version of RMT

When RMT and the emulation is working proper, you will gain the abilities of clean flute sounds and other "new" instruments when joining channels by hard and/or software...

Those "new" Instruments would be a rule for the compo...

When I first posted this intention I thought everything in RMT and the Emulation is OK... so...

• 2 weeks later...