IGNORED

Q*Bert Qubes

kondre

Ok, atari70s and I are currently working on a trade. He has a Lynx with game case, 4 games - 1 boxed and will get me an a/c adapter too. the Lynx is in almost mint shape, there is a crack on the plastic screen cover- replaceable, no biggy. I have a Q*Bert Qubes Cart, no box unfortunatly, its in excellent shape, no damage to label and it works just fine.

Here is the question to all you Atari Masters- What value is the Q*Bert Qubes cart? I found one on Ebay (item #1253006907) and it went for $96.00

or shoud the two of us just do an even swap?

Thanks for your help.

Kevin

It really shouldn't come down to placing a monetary value on things in my opinion. If a deal seems relatively fair in your mind, I like to think of if the item I already have gives me more enjoyment or the item I am considering trading for gives me more enjoyment. If I think I'd get more out of the new item, I trade. If not, I dont (or try to get more for it).

It's not a science, unfortunately, and although value does influence my trades, I try not to let it be my only criteria.

Again - this is just my idealistic opintion.

hmm thats a good point. never thought of that before.very interesting i think ill take that into account. smart way to do things. but i think even if combat brings enjoyment somone may trade a gas-hog or a gravitar silver for combat. Twit, do you think that the idea of trade should be a compromise between enjoyment and also of monitary value ?

twit-

Thanks. thats some real good advice. I know that the Lynx will bring me more use than the Qubes cart does or will. I dont collect the carts for a collection, I collect them to use then. and i have the 2600 carts that i want and i have almost all the 7800 carts that i want. what i have been missing is the lynx and the games for that system.

quote:

Originally posted by atari70s:

hmm thats a good point. never thought of that before.very interesting i think ill take that into account. smart way to do things. but i think even if combat brings enjoyment somone may trade a gas-hog or a gravitar silver for combat. Twit, do you think that the idea of trade should be a compromise between enjoyment and also of monitary value ?

Absolutely!

As I said in my last post, "...although value does influence my trades, I try not to let it be my only criteria."

It would be crazy to trade Combat for Gas Hog, as you stated, and I wouldn't feel right about being on either side of that trade because of the discrepancy in value. That being said, I also try to take the "enjoyment factor" into great consideration for trading as well. Both are important ideas to keep in mind. And there are always other factors that come into play: Is it a person you want to foster an ongoing trading relationship with, etc, etc., etc.

It is a complicated thing. My only point really is that it shouldn't just be about money.

Again - this is simply my opinion.

well Kevin seems to be a nice person and i seem to trust him about the cart he has and with cond. but now i must wiegh the amount i paid for the system the value of entertainment and then the vaule at the current market., hey kev, i didnt know there was so much to it lol

Neither did i.

If you want I can scan the cart at work tomorrow. and then send you the image. I am looking at the cart right now and i am not kidding when i tell you this, but it is in the same shape that it would be if it came right out of the box.

I'll talk to you tomorrow.

kevin

yea that would be cool seeing the cart and all. u sure you dont have manual layin aroudn the house. ? if it does ( and i hope it does then i woudl say hellz yea right now. cause i can use one with the manual. if we did this it would be my 2nd (9) extremely rare cart in my collection Obelix ( but i dont htink its a true 9 cause its a PAL cart but none the same it is rare in america . talk ot you soon there Kev ( i hope you dont mind that)