IGNORED

C'mon Brag a bit! Whaddya got??

GrandviewCoin

not a ton to brag about, just what i can shoehorn into my gameroom-

jungle king - all mamed out

cocktail arkanoid II

playchoice 10 countertop

minicade vectrex

its one of those things i hope to expand a lot when we get a house, right now i just dont have any more room. my father has a sick collection of pins and games, he owned an alarm systems co. for years and would take pins and such from clients as payment. he's promised me i can have his ms. pac man cocktail, although he lives all the way in florida, someday!

i've visited a few local arcade hardcore types and thats just an amazing hobby, it seems to be as much about restoring the games as playing the games. they always have that garage workshop with a candyland of parts and machines, and they're always macho about it too "watch me discharge this tube". one guy has this special game room thats nothing but vector games, looked hella cool with the games going and lights down.

Nowhere near the size of some of the others collections :o :o Here is my modest collection:

Omega Race Cockpit (Dead, definitely need to work on again)

Crazy Climber Cocktail

Galaxian cocktail

Battlezone Caberet (Still can't get the right stick to register a forward push)

Space Duel Upright (Monitor a little squirrelly but otherwise cherry)

Space Encounters (Cherry, but a mercy mission to save from being junked)

Rampart 3 Player (Love this game)

Tron Upright

Discs of Tron Environmental (My Grail and ulcer maker at the same time)

Cheers. :)

Maming a Tempest cab is a true maming. Thats gotta be one of the

most valuable and desired games out there. If it was me I would work

hard to fully restore the unit and then sell it on ebay for big bucks. Then

spend a fraction of that setting up a mame cabinet.

jim - 200 games!!! How did you ever get that many? And where did you

store them :ponder:

Much to wife's dismay I have

Beautifully restored DK

Nice Mario Brothers

Popeye

And some favorites from my younger days

Tutankham

Gyruss (just got it last week in a trade for Kangaroo)

Asteroids

Star castle

Time Pilot

And project (which means not working and I have no real way to fix them)

Mouse Trap (occasionally works if you hit it just right)

Space Firebird (seems to play but no picture)

and a Flash Gordon Pinball in decent shape that worked for three months on the floor and died the day after I finally got it up on it's legs

and a Flash Gordon Pinball in decent shape that worked for three months on the floor and died the day after I finally got it up on it's legs

Check the fuses. Even if they look good, they might need replacing.

If it's not the fuses, a complete short is generally pretty easy to locate the source of on a pinball.

Something may have also happened to the Tilt mechanism when you moved it from to the floor onto its legs.

Maming a Tempest cab is a true maming. Thats gotta be one of the

most valuable and desired games out there. If it was me I would work

hard to fully restore the unit and then sell it on ebay for big bucks. Then

spend a fraction of that setting up a mame cabinet.

jim - 200 games!!! How did you ever get that many? And where did you

store them :ponder:

I bought several warehouse deals over the years. Got 100 machines in one deal, picked up another 20 or 30 here and there several times. The good thing about bulk buys is the price. I got about 98% of the machines in the 20-40 dollar each range. The most i ever paid for any machine is $130.00 each for a working Frogger Phoenix, and Star Castle. I store them in the house, in my shop, and in my barn. It helps to have a 22 room 4000sf house, 2200sf shop and 2800sf barn.

Jim

• 1 month later...

I've had a (probably bootleg) Space Panic for maybe 7 or 8 years now, and it obviously needed a cap kit. Today I found some notes I had written about it, including the monitor type. An Algol something or other. The only thing I could find on Google was someone with that kind of monitor being told to just replace caps until it got better.

So once I got home, I started working on it. I couldn't replace caps until I got the video board out, so I went for that first. And found out that because the wires weren't long enough, some moron had soldered the video wires directly to the video board.

Some digging around for spare parts later, I found a 7-pin molex plug that would work with the 8-pin molex header, and made a proper cable for it. Then I took the monitor frame out and then got the board out of that.

Once I sat down and looked at the board, the first thing I noticed was a 1" black spot on the board. Sure enough, a cap had leaked, and there were a bunch of burned cap guts there.

Then I realized that while I had lots of caps in my junkbox, they were power supply caps, and didn't have the necessary voltage ratings. So I quickly made a list of every electrolytic I could see. I got to Fry's just before closing, and found about half the caps on my list, especially the one that I knew was bad, for which I got a 300V rating to replace a 160V rating. Seven bucks total.

When I got home, I cleaned off the board, desoldered the cap, cleaned the board some more, then soldered in the new cap. I decided that was good enough and I'd just keep the other caps handy for later. So I put everything together, and hooked up the cheap speaker. Switched it on, and the screen was square for the first time since I've had it. I had a few problems with the joystick, but by tweaking at everything, I got it to work.

One problem I still have is that the retrace makes a light blue line all over the screen. The brightness control doesn't seem to do anything. Another is that the background music has almost no volume at all. (It also doesn't help that the volume knob pot is scratchy.)

• 2 weeks later...

I currently own Pengo, Xevious, Kangaroo, and Ghosts 'N Goblins. Due to lack of space at home, they're presently mothballed off-site. Pengo, Xevious, and GNG have dead or nearly dead monitors, but are otherwise in perfect order. Kangaroo wasn't actually a Kangaroo when I got it; it had been converted into Taito's Samurai. (Why anyone would tear up a perfectly good Kangaroo for the sake of that crappy little game is beyond me.) I got the necessary parts from eBay, did some rewiring, and successfully restored it to Kangaroo.

arcade09b.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.jpg

G1.JPG

I can't believe I haven't responded to this thread yet!

Between my gameroom and my garage I currently have:

Aero Fighters

Bucky O'Hare

Heavy Barrel

Karate Champ

Road Riot

MAME Cabinet

Marvel/Street Fighter

Mega Force

Neo Geo: 1 Slot

Neo Geo: 2 Slot

Rampage: World Tour (3 Player)

Rampart

Road Blasters

Robocop

Scramble

Shinobi (2 of them)

World Series Baseball!

X-Men (4 Player)

11_arcade.jpg

13_games.jpg

man this sh*t is way too addictive.. I bought my first arcade about 5 months ago,, here is what I now have.. several are awaiting restoration,, but thats right up my alley;)

Jungle King cocktail

Jungle Hunt

Pengo

Super PacMan

Crazy Climber cocktail

Double Dragon

Deluxe Space Invaders

Turbo

Turbo cabera

Pole Position

Pole Position 2

Zaxxon cocktail (tnks pitbull;)

Mr. Do

Popeye

Speedbuggie

Grand Champion

Aqua Jack

Rockola Eyes

Trivial Pursuit cocktail

Sprint

Solar Warrior

Pit and Run

S.P.Y

and about 5 other pacman/galiga cabs that I plan on restoring with a 9in1 board;) (I'll keep one, sell the others) about a third of the games above are non working as of now but they will all deffinetly be 'up' by next spring;)

Nice thread, and I can almost taste the jealousy in the back of my throat.

I own just three videos. Interestingly, each cost $25:

Satan's Hollow

Karate Champ

1943: The Battle of Midway

1943 is a sad case. I bought it to use as a generic JAMMA cabinet, to play vertical shooters. Shortly after getting it home, the monitor began to fade out... popped the back off to do some repairs, and discovered that the machine was a converted Pac-Man. *sigh* I've been stuck since; do I try to reconvert it to a Pac-Man someday, or just fix the monitor and buy a load of JAMMA boards to form a shooter library?

I used to own a Gottlieb Airport pin (a 16th birthday present from my deceased stepfather), but had to abandon it a few years ago; gave it to a friend whom I believe will properly care for it.

man this sh*t is way too addictive.. I bought my first arcade about 5 months ago' date=', here is what I now have.. several are awaiting restoration,, but thats right up my alley;)

Jungle King cocktail

Jungle Hunt

Pengo

Super PacMan

Crazy Climber cocktail

Double Dragon

Deluxe Space Invaders

Turbo

Turbo cabera

Pole Position

Pole Position 2

Zaxxon cocktail (tnks pitbull;)

Mr. Do

Popeye

Speedbuggie

Grand Champion

Aqua Jack

Rockola Eyes

Trivial Pursuit cocktail

Sprint

Solar Warrior

Pit and Run

S.P.Y

and about 5 other pacman/galiga cabs that I plan on restoring with a 9in1 board;) (I'll keep one, sell the others) about a third of the games above are non working as of now but they will all deffinetly be 'up' by next spring;)[/quote']

Nice, been looking to get my hands on a Pengo, Super Pac and Turbo :D.

I own just three videos. Interestingly, each cost $25:

Satan's Hollow

You did VERY well on this one. Very rare to see at auction. I sold one with bad color and burn (quite a bit of bird poop) for 350 some years back at auction. If you have the original stick (the red one, not the Tron blue), that is quite a find. Nice job :)

Cassidy

Wow! I can really say I'm impressed with everyones collections! I'm glad that these games are still getting the love they deserve.

Another this I'm really impressed with is I started this thread APRIL 28th, and as I sit here now it's JULY 29th, didn't realize soooo many people had the same insane hobbie as I did!

My collection is at 12, the wife says I can have a total of 13.

Here's my choices:

Burger Time(Kenfused is to blame on this one!)

Frogger

Mario Bros.

Pooyan(Like I can find one!)

So far it seems that Frogger is the big winner of whomever I ask.

Thanks All!

Daniel

Oh and if anyone has any Centipede tech knowledge I need help!

Well, finally, here's my collection so far:

Millipede (with Multikit installed, so it also plays Centipede)

Pac-Man (with Multi-pac installed)

Thief (one of my all-time favorites that I used to play at the local bowling alley when I was a teen in the early 80's- I never thought I would ever see that game again, and then, I found out that a client of mine who handles vending machines had a thief cabinet hidden in the back of his warehouse. He gave it to me for free, and after putting $500 of work into it, it works like a charm- tape deck and everything!- I only need to slap a coin door on the front for cosmetic purposes)

I will soon be picking up a mint-condition Crystal Castles, too.

BTW, Thanks to Dan (grandviewcoin) for letting me and my kids stop by last Saturday, to play his games- quite impressive!!!

post-378-1091814838_thumb.jpg