IGNORED

Got My Protos Dumped

Tempest

While I was at the CGE Al was kind enough to dump my 2600 prototypes, that' sthe good news. The bad news is some of them didn't dump right, some have bearly noticable glitches (a small blinking pixel where one shouldn't be), while others are majorly screwed up (Dumbo has a white shadow and glitches horribly). So until I figure out which games are ok and which need to be redumped I'm going to hold off distributing the roms. This will also give me time to get my proto pages together and updated. I'm going to Sean Kelly's house in September, I'll have him look at my proto dumps there and see if he can straighten things out.

If you have a rom request that you despertly can't live without, you can e-mail me and I'll see if it's one of the ones I think are ok. If it's a good one I'll send you the rom, but I doubt I have anything that we all can't wait a few weeks for.

So close...

Tempest

I've found some interesting things while testing the roms. Appearently my Dumbo proto is different than the dumped one. I think it's a later version, one noticable difference is the title screen is green instead of brownish red and the level indicator stays up during the demo (which is different as well). I've also discovered that my Battlezone proto is different somehow, but I have yet to see how.

I just got a really cool 5200 Pole Position proto that is a really early demo for the game. You can kind of control it, but it will play itself if you let it. Hopefully I'll get my 5200 protos dumped at Sean's. I don't know when I'll get my 400/800 protos dumped, I'll have to ask Curt about that.

Tempest