IGNORED

High Score Club Week 7: Missile Command!

Ze_ro

Best so far: 53,220.

TIPS:

1. Smart bombs never miss. They will always hit one of the 7 targets you are defending. Unlike missles which can miss.

2. Sometimes its better to let your launch pad get hit if you have only 1 or 2 missles left in the current load. Especially if it means saving a city.

3. You can only have 3 interceptors active at one time. Always try to keep one in reserve. Fire at regular intervals so that just as you fire the 3rd missle the 1st is finishing exploding making another shot available.

Cheers!

As Todd says we basically have the same method' date=' the only difference with this game is talent ;)

Yeah unfortunately, often times skill overcomes techinque. :lol:

Ah the good 'ol days when reflexes and accuracy was much better.

Usually it is better to protect a maximum of 2 cities on 1 side of your base. Even though it looks like no problem to protect that other city on the opposite side it's just setting you up for disaster.

My high so far is 509940. It sucks going that far only to miss one shot and then missing another bonus city by 60 points. :roll:

Jeff

post-1375-1084924864_thumb.jpg

46,260 - Using a CX40 joystick.  

I don't know, but it seems the Quickshot Joysticks and SEGA Genesis controllers are too 'fast' for me. The response of the CX40 appears slower and this makes it easier to control the cursor. I notice the same thing when playing Centipede.

Jerry

I use a wico joystick with a fire button on the stick.

My high score is 13,590 after my first night of trying game 16. It's the second week in a row of playing one of my all-time favorites in a harder variation. 8)

It sure is satisfying to get that yellow screen off and get back to the black background. I usually play on a 9" TV/VCR combo -- a larger screen could possibly help me better position my shots for smart bombs.

By the way, does anyone have any tips for making sure smart bombs that are "dancing" on top of your fire (because you hit the fire button too soon) actually get killed? My methods (extra shot or 2, try to move the joystick up a little before you do) don't always work...

By the way, does anyone have any tips for making sure smart bombs that are "dancing" on top of your fire (because you hit the fire button too soon) actually get killed?  My methods (extra shot or 2, try to move the joystick up a little before you do) don't always work...

Hit them directly while they are "dancing".