IGNORED

Hey Alex

atari70s

How things, i havent seen the cart updates yet something the matter??? well jsut checkin in to see if something was wrong about them . oh and i saw the Chuck Norris Super kick single XONOX with the odd label and didnt know if i sent it in to you or if you had it. And also had a question, i have ASTERIX cart 2696 i bleive the number is on it anyway it doesnt have a P for PAL or anything does that automatically make it a NTSC cart? ok let me know what manuals you need i got new ones in the mail. Following interesing comics

Swordquest Earthworld comic

Swordquest Earthworld Poster ( i had it for a while now)

Swordquest Fireworld comic

and Centipede comic.

i think i have soem other interesting comic and manuals let me know what you need and ill send them to you . the guy with teh games from australia dont seem to be coming though i have sent emails to him and nothing has shown up in my POBOX or in me EMAIL box. so looks like he wont be sending me my Mini golf pic label cx-2626. sad to say cause i was looking foward to it. well i hope to find another one . Hey Tempest happy 1000 and looks like we are gonna bidding enemies on the next mini golf pic label cause 0 of my 2 ordered ones arrived.

atari 70s

I looked at the Hangman cart - it looks like a pirate to me. The fonts are all wrong, and the color is off, and it just has an odd look to it. If it's Atari, that's the poorest printing job I've ever seen from them.

As for the others, I'll have to go back and look at them, but I don't think it's anything we're going to add right now.

I think we have those comics, I'll have to check with Al, but we don't have room to put them online right now.

[ 08-31-2001: Message edited by: Alex ]

Hey hmm is it possible its a PAL cart cause atari used the red text tahts on the cart on PAL manuals ( at least in canada). is it possible tis a PAL cart and not NTSC? How many Pirite carts know with atari corp put on the label??? this is a first in my book. i figure atari woudl have had a lawsuit if they knew.

I looked at the cart too and I have to agree with Alex that it's probably a pirate cart. Either that or it's the most screwed up Atari print job I've ever seen.

I've seen pirate games which actually credit Atari before. It does seem odd though. Is there a way to tell internally by opening the cart up?

Tempest

Hwy Atari70s-

Why don't you post the pictures somewhere where we all could look at them to try to analyze what they are. Just link them up to this messageboard.

I'd like to see what you are talking about, but just can't seem to follow without actually seeing what it is.

Yes i bet i can i hate to distroy the label on this but if there are suggestions of removing the label without damaging the label im open to the ideas. im sure if i can get to the front screw i can open it up and see the chip Tempest is this what your talking about hte Chip??

Nope...still no pictures.

Also on your main page...you have the Link hosed up there as well.

If Angelfire does do something odd to the pics...then fixing that link from your main page would hopefully get around that problem at least.

Well i hope 3rd time is a charm

im gonna try to ahve you all back door my site

it will be a 3 step thing

1.) reset your browser ( from prior visits to my site)

2.) go to http://www.angelfire.com/nj2/atari

3.) from there go to the link says Odd and Interesting items. from there this should load correctly

if this dont work i have one more thing up my shleve.

Could it be a Polyvox title? I know they normally have "Polyvox" written on the labels somewhere, but I agree that it just doesn't look "right" as a cart produced by Atari.

GameReset mentions a Brazilian pirate company that called themselves "Atari," too. They only list H.E.R.O. under that company, and there's no picture of the label, but maybe that has something to do with it.

On the other hand, it IS marked ©1986. Atari was doing some strange stuff then (remember the all-orange Breakout label?). I guess it could be a legit Atari release, but that's unsubstantiated at best.

I just don't know. Where did you get it again, Atari70s? I can't remember if you said before, but that might shed some light on the subject.

As to where i got it was from one of our very own atariage.com members. Atarian75 which is just as much apart of this discovery as i was. and i think a special thankyou is in order to him for selling it to me with many other label varations. He said that he got it from another collector in the Detroit area ( correct me if i was wrong on that ). He tried to locate that person for me with no such luck

ok to answer some questions and comments , Ill start with Twit.

Can it be a polyvox title? - i dont know if it is since there is no label of it on the cart and the style of silver labels are totally different.

I guess it could be a legit Atari release, but that's unsubstantiated at best.

And dont you forget on top of the Breakout in all orange i have dont know if anyone else has seen the rarer looking Blue label Defender cart. i am not sure weather or not this was a 86 release too. I feel that if some of our PAL experts can come foward they can flood me with questions that i can help use to unravel the mystery .

Now to Tempest's earlier question

Is there a way to internally see the chip and read it? - well its possible to unscrew the front ( like on all atari inc carts ) but the label is still good on the cart and no signs of peeling (which may make life easier). Unless theres a safe way to get the label on we can always wait 15 20 years for the next reglueing to open the cart up . but by then i think we all will loose interest in this hehe. but seriously any PAL people who know about PAL carts and people with ways to get a label off without damaging it please come foward.

I got something looking closer at the label something to show you all. ( and this was somewhat seen by Liquid sky.

he had me look at teh hangman name

but look at the top right corner in red ATARI 2600 with no ® or TM

and then on the black letters on teh left side says ATARI® 2600VCS TM

whats that about

only other cart i own like that in anyway differnt from the normal carts is one of my Phienox carts with the RED ® and RED tm .

ok who else can say something any questions thoguths to help in the investigation of this cart

quote:

Originally posted by atari70s:

Unless theres a safe way to get the label ...with ways to get a label off without damaging it please come foward.

Atari70's, you don't want to pull the label off, even if it is peeling. The label will get stretched (no matter how careful you are) and your label will never be the same again.

Although, if you heat the glue underneath the label you might be able to take the label off without damaging it. Heating the label will soften the glue and allow you to pull the label off without damaging it. You can heat the label by blasting it with a hair-dryer, this will take a while though. A faster method is to use a space heater. Remember you just want to warm it up, NOT burn it. I have done this with some good results on atari 7800 carts, so I don't know if it will work on your cart. If your that worried about damaging the label, I probably wouldn't try it. Good luck!

Ok i took the liberty into email the guy wiht the brazlian listing cart list. The one with teh HERO under atari ( i think someone told me about it . ) well ill let them send back on it but im sure it isnt brazin no language or anythign to identify thta. if it turns out not to be USA i think it might be Canadian. or like some say the worst text format atari ever has done.