Parker Bros Protos

23 replies to this topic

#1 ntavio OFFLINE  

ntavio

Stargunner

• 1,472 posts
  • I play a super stuntman on TV.

Posted Sun Jun 6, 2004 5:08 PM

Has anyone dumped Ewok's Adventure or Lord of the Rings onto a cartridge? If so do you know where I can purchase them?

Also there is mention in the PB catalog of The Incredible Hulk. Story behind that one? There is no game description page here on AA.

Thanks to all.

#2 jetset OFFLINE  

jetset

Quadrunner

• 11,701 posts

Posted Sun Jun 6, 2004 5:19 PM

Albert will put them onto cart for you. I don't know that he can put them in a PB casing though....Just send him a PM.

#3 ntavio OFFLINE  

ntavio

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,472 posts
  • I play a super stuntman on TV.

Posted Sun Jun 6, 2004 5:35 PM

Thanks Jetset. I just noticed that you're not too far from me. I think you sent me a PM to that effect a couple of years ago.

Anyways let me know if you'd like to get together. Also there is some Atari club down here but I have to find the webpage.

I'll keep you posted. 8)

#4 jetset OFFLINE  

jetset

Quadrunner

• 11,701 posts

Posted Sun Jun 6, 2004 6:08 PM

Thanks Jetset.  I just noticed that you're not too far from me.  I think you sent me a PM to that effect a couple of years ago.

Anyways let me know if you'd like to get together.  Also there is some Atari club down here but I have to find the webpage.  

I'll keep you posted.  8)

Yeah I saw that! I don't remember your PM though...were you always ntavio ?
And yeah, there is the Miami Int'l Atari Users Group. I really wanted to go and hang with them a few times they had meetings at Miami Dade CC but can never find the time. User A2600 runs it I think.....I haven't seen him post much lately. He gave me my first "find" in the wild...a Goodwill store down in Miami had a bunch of 5200 carts for a few bucks each...nothing rare, that is...left....he got Frogger2 if I remember correctly. It seems S Florida is pretty dry for finds. Too many retiree's I 'spose.
Later on I'll post the weblink to the site if I can find it.....(it's on my laptop and I'm using the 'main' pc right now. There's also a yahoo group as well.

#5 Thomas Jentzsch OFFLINE  

Thomas Jentzsch

Thrust, Jammed, SWOOPS!, Boulder Dash, THREE·S, Star Castle

• 23,698 posts
  • Always left from right here!

Posted Mon Jun 7, 2004 1:41 AM

:idea: PB games require special PB bankswitching support and AFAIK no boards for that exist. But I have converted Ewok to Atari standard F6 bankswitching, so making carts shouldn't be a problem.

#6 Susuwatari OFFLINE  

Susuwatari

River Patroller

• 2,701 posts

Posted Mon Jun 7, 2004 2:00 AM

And where could I find this Ewok Adventure that works with F6 bankswitching scheme? Also do you plan to convert all 8K PB games to use F6 scheme?

#7 Thomas Jentzsch OFFLINE  

Thomas Jentzsch

Thrust, Jammed, SWOOPS!, Boulder Dash, THREE·S, Star Castle

• 23,698 posts
  • Always left from right here!

Posted Mon Jun 7, 2004 2:58 AM

And where could I find this Ewok Adventure that works with F6 bankswitching scheme?  Also do you plan to convert all 8K PB games to use F6 scheme?

Since it is based on a yet unreleased ROM, I have to ask the owner of that ROM for permission (which I just did).

And no, I have no direct plans for converting all games, I only did a second one for a (secret) future project. But maybe, if there is enough demand, I'll do a few more.

#8 moycon OFFLINE  

moycon

Quadrunner

• 22,091 posts
  • moycon?? What the hell is that??

Posted Mon Jun 7, 2004 7:00 PM

So does the converted ROM exist so that folk can get a copy of Ewok (Like from AA for instance) or do you have the only copy Thomas? Just curious.

#9 moycon OFFLINE  

moycon

Quadrunner

• 22,091 posts
  • moycon?? What the hell is that??

Posted Mon Jun 7, 2004 7:03 PM

Ah Ha I just saw my answer in the 2600 forum!! ;)

http://www.atariage....pic.php?t=51751

#10 Susuwatari OFFLINE  

Susuwatari

River Patroller

• 2,701 posts

Posted Mon Jun 7, 2004 8:11 PM

And the original NTSC looks better than the converted PAL version. :D

...must build Ewok Adventure cart...

#11 TheRedEye OFFLINE  

TheRedEye

Moonsweeper

• 351 posts

Posted Mon Jun 7, 2004 11:08 PM

Also there is mention in the PB catalog of The Incredible Hulk.  Story behind that one?  There is no game description page here on AA.

I'M GLAD YOU ASKED, GUY!

#12 Kenwood OFFLINE  

Kenwood

Moonsweeper

• 432 posts

Posted Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:56 PM

I'd buy a cart :D

#13 Zach OFFLINE  

Zach

Stargunner

• 1,620 posts

Posted Thu Aug 5, 2004 9:32 PM

But maybe, if there is enough demand, I'll do a few more.

I figured there would be tons of demand for LOTR. I'll definitely buy a cart when it becomes available, and I've been saving a label-less Frogger cart for just such an occasion.

#14 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Fallen Moderator

• 27,124 posts

Posted Thu Aug 5, 2004 10:14 PM

I figured there would be tons of demand for LOTR.

Am I the only one who was less than impressed with LOTR? I find the game boring. There's really no strategy to it, it's just a race to Rivendale.

Tempest

#15 SS OFFLINE  

SS

Quadrunner

• 6,184 posts

Posted Thu Aug 5, 2004 10:20 PM

Am I the only one who was less than impressed with LOTR?

Boring.

#16 Zach OFFLINE  

Zach

Stargunner

• 1,620 posts

Posted Thu Aug 5, 2004 10:43 PM

I don't dispute that LOTR is less than thrilling, but it would still be a nice cart to have. The map is one of the best pieces of graphics in a Stella game. Besides:

There's really no strategy to it, it's just a race to Rivendale.

That's how it was in the book too. :P ;) (And unlike the movie, Frodo didn't get any help from Arwen.)

#17 christianscott27 OFFLINE  

christianscott27

Quadrunner

• 5,147 posts

Posted Fri Aug 6, 2004 12:04 PM

i'd be up for it! i love the idea of making authentic looking repro carts in the correct cases. my ewok cart blends right in with the rest of my PB games, would be nice to see all the games listed in their catalog on the shelf.

#18 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Fallen Moderator

• 27,124 posts

Posted Fri Aug 6, 2004 12:06 PM

i'd be up for it! i love the idea of making authentic looking repro carts in the correct cases. my ewok cart blends right in with the rest of my PB games,

Yes you did a nice job on that label.

Tempest

#19 christianscott27 OFFLINE  

christianscott27

Quadrunner

• 5,147 posts

Posted Fri Aug 6, 2004 12:14 PM

all i did was find the right artwork and argue about font sizes. my friend scott did the layout work and someone around here with mad skills took care of the printing color/matching for us. we went back and forth forever on that yellow seal, yes it did blemish the purity but in the end we figured it was our best defense against the game being ebayed and passed off as the real deal. so far so good.

too bad nobody liked my idea of having it be "revenge of the jedi"

#20 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Fallen Moderator

• 27,124 posts

Posted Fri Aug 6, 2004 1:42 PM

we went back and forth forever on that yellow seal, yes it did blemish the purity but in the end we figured it was our best defense against the game being ebayed and passed off as the real deal. so far so good.

Yeah I can see that. It's sad you had to do that because of all the unscrupulous people out there. Oh well, it really doesn't detract much from the label as a whole.

I'd be interested in seeing a nice LOTR label.

Tempest

#21 Zach OFFLINE  

Zach

Stargunner

• 1,620 posts

Posted Sun Aug 8, 2004 3:30 PM

:)
This is how I spent my free time in Jan 2003. I've got a 719x1095 version ready to print when the bank switching work is done.

Attached Thumbnails

• lotrlabel.jpg

#22 Godzilla OFFLINE  

Godzilla

Quadrunner

• 6,794 posts

Posted Sun Aug 8, 2004 8:49 PM

I hope someone makes these readily available at some point. I really want lotr & ewok. Ewok especially looks like a really fun game.

#23 Elllleeott! OFFLINE  

Elllleeott!

Space Invader

• 37 posts

Posted Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:02 PM

You can count me in for a copy of Lord of the Rings! :D

#24 Blinky OFFLINE  

Blinky

Chopper Commander

• 100 posts

Posted Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:11 AM

I have converted Ewok to Atari standard F6 bankswitching.

Hey ! thats great ! That means it could be put on my multicart design too :D Thinking of making a Star wars compilation. with a star wars liky menu (double border) :idea:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users