IGNORED

High Score Club Week 13: Reactor

Ze_ro

Whoops! It turns out I missed Robert M's high score in last weeks Ms. Pac-Man challenge... His score of 83,900 ends up putting him in at 5th, and pushes a few of you down a point... so, if your score looks wrong, then please keep this in mind. Specifically, Shannon, gospeedde, Nateo, crwdawg and khryssun ended up losing a single point in the end. Sorry about the mix up! Please let me know if I screwed up anything else.

--Zero

Ah, I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of this game too, thanks to Jeffy's tips. Knowing how to "surf" on the vortex core really seems to help. Once the vortex core gets to become that large, you can surf in it with relative safety as long as you do it right. The core will suck you in enough that you won't hit the walls, and you can just wait out the rest of the level.

One small addition to Jeffy's tactic of pausing in front of the control rods: Try pausing just in front of the bonus box for a split second, and you might be able to get a particle or two to accidentally fly right in there for some nice bonus points.

Anyways, I managed to up my score to 6794. Still not amazing, but a lot better than my previous high score.

--Zero

Oooops I made a mistake :ponder:

Please remove my Highscore of 7852... I just notice I had misplaces the difficulty switch of my 7800 (A and B isn't indicated so I played in novice mode insteed of expert). :x

The best score I made with the right configuration is 3775.

I played only 3 games but I have no longer fun to play reactor... so this will be my last submission.

Thanks

• 1 year later...