IGNORED

Unbelivable silence.

emkay

There seems to be a dark hole belonging to the 8-bit interested people chatting at Atariage... showing something new...

Actually it seems R.M.T. is standing still.... and any hopes of a full A8 supporting sound-tool with a proper POKEY emulation is gone with the wind.

No Cosine member to argue with/against ;)

Even Graph2fnt is very distant from the forum. No new version... no pictures done or converted...

In two days the Grayscale Contest ends...

I wonder how many songs are in the contest and how much "new" sounding is put in there.

....all so busy.... :ponder:

:wink:

There seems to be a dark hole belonging to the 8-bit interested people chatting at Atariage... showing something new...

or maybe it's a holiday time ? ;)

Even Graph2fnt is very distant from the forum.

as far as I know, TeBe is busy with some different projects, he recently finished his game "DYNABLASTER" that takes part in ABBUC's software contest. You can even vote for this game! :)

BTW. TeBe works at improving map feature and animation in G2F at present.

no pictures done or converted...

there are no new G2F graphics from you, either. :roll:

I wonder how many songs are in the contest and how much "new" sounding is put in there.

did you take part in this competition?

....all so busy.... :ponder:

yeah, some really do, especially some Polish groups that prepares their demos for QUAST party (that starts in some weeks).

or maybe it's a holiday time ?   ;)

Holiday all over the Planet ? ;)

yeah, some really do, especially some Polish groups that prepares their demos for QUAST party (that starts in some weeks).

I wish I could gather a group for doing the same... But where to get professional Graphicians, Musicians, Game-Designers and make them clear that they have to do their part on the A8... :ponder:

Holiday all over the Planet ?  ;)

Summertime always results in lower traffic to the site and the forums. In fact, it's gorgeous outside right now and I'm wondering why I'm not outside yet. :)

One of the most common requests we get is to add an 8-bit section to AtariAge, and while work is slow in that department it will eventually come to pass. I'm a big fan of the 8-bit computers (did a ton of programming on them back in the day, plus ran a popular BBS for years), so it's a section I'm quite eager to see here at AtariAge..

..Al

still working on my mini contest 2004 contribution... but as i lost my source code i can't recall the tricks i luckily found...and yesterday's attempt failed... :( so i am still searching for it... but stay tuned... (and don't ask what's with whirlwind DX or 4pac... thats next on my list... trackball is a smaller game so i hope to finish this at least... ;))

..and I started coding again today for the Super Mario clone.

now working on screen/scrolling engine version 2

:D when I looked into my sourcecode today I needed a lot of time to figure out how I made the screen/scrolling engine version 1

coming days I'll code a few hours...now my girlfriend is gone for 11 days...much spare time now. 8)

------------------------------

Super Mario Clone status:

-levels & graphics: complete

-music: still to be written

-screen/scrolling engine: almost working but needs to be rewritten because of lack of cpu-time

-sprite engine: working

-playing routine: to be written

-title screen + level decompressor: ready

Work already done (estimate): 85 %

..and I started coding again today for the Super Mario clone.

now working on screen/scrolling engine version 2

:D when I looked into my sourcecode today I needed a lot of time to figure out how I made the screen/scrolling engine version 1

coming days I'll code a few hours...now my girlfriend is gone for 11 days...much spare time now. 8)

------------------------------

Super Mario Clone status:

-levels & graphics: complete

-music: still to be written

-screen/scrolling engine: almost working but needs to be rewritten because of lack of cpu-time

-sprite engine: working

-playing routine: to be written

-title screen + level decompressor: ready

Work already done (estimate): 85 %

Anticipation 150% :)

You forget to list out 'Easter Eggs' ;)

I'm still alive as well! ;) I've been major busy at work but I'm still working on Bubble Bobble. I'm happy with the way it's going so far too..

Analmux. Great news, looking forward to seeing Mario.

Heaven/TQA: Cool, good to see all the code still being worked on!

Dracon BTW. TeBe works at improving map feature and animation in G2F at present.
:) Can't wait!

Catch you all soon.. Good work everyone!

8) i really get old... i just found another baby sitting on my webserver... i cant remember how i coded it but i just remember that 1997 on a demo party here in south germany some c64 guy explained me how most of the "tunnel" - fx are made on commo machines so i implemented this "slow" version which enables moving and is more flexible... (ok still hell slow but for me it was just a test...)

so this reminds me analmux... ;) looking at code and not figuring out what the hell mind thought years ago...

titel55b.zip

You forget to list out 'Easter Eggs' ;)

:?: can you pleqase explain this sentence to me?

It would be a shame if you didnt have some 'secrets' in your Super Mario Bros clone - aka Easter Eggs :)

Don't worry, there are loads of secret rooms, boxes and invisible holes in walls in the game. Every level has at least one secret room.

--------

@ Tezz, I'd like to see Bubble Bobble. If you have problems with getting the software sprites working, just PM me. I've got a lot of ideas to handle them, as I S.W.-sprites in a scrolling area for the flashcart game.

analmux @ Tezz, I'd like to see Bubble Bobble. If you have problems with getting the software sprites working, just PM me. I've got a lot of ideas to handle them, as I S.W.-sprites in a scrolling area for the flashcart game.
Hey, thanks. I'm hoping to get a preview posted shortly, I've been too busy at work these last few weeks to get much done.

Things are progressing nicely with the plans, the limited character set size shouldn't be a problem as I don't need all of the tiles and software sprite shapes on the screen at once so simply having more than one set solves that, although I'm not sure how well my routine will be for the main bub and bob sprites as they are made from software sprites with PM overlays. The 3rd colour player overlap worked out as planned so bub and bob look as intended. If you have a nice and optimised PM/software sprite routine. That would be great to look through.

Regards, Tezz..

And here I was plotting secretly in the back ground an A8 Bubble Bobble... little did I know that others were working on it :roll:

Cancel that project.

I need a little help here folks, I used program my A8 years ago and only recently returned and I would like a little project as a refresher - would any of you suggest something that I could work on that you would like to see?

My plan with BB was an intro screen, music and just say 3 levels as a proof-of-concept type of thing. So I suppose something like that would be cool, any suggestions?