IGNORED

Stupid stereotypes

Skatepunk60

Punk? Where's all you metalheads out there? I love Atari, but I also love classic metal. Not that glam stuff, but the real heavy groups from the 80s like KREATOR, SODOM, IRON MAIDEN, JUDAS PRIEST, SLAYER, METALLICA, EXODUS & RUNNING WILD. There's nothing like playing the Atari while cranking out some good ol' metal tunes! Oh man, weren't the 80s great?

I'm still not sure there's really a stereotype about Atari gamers... I don't think video games have ever really implied nerdiness (except for maybe RPG's and online games... Mario Kart and Goldeneye never really got as "nerdy" a following). If anything, I would have thought the stereotype would be that we were behind the times and living in the past... but oh well.

--Zero

Okay. I'm 33, have 2 kids, a beautiful wife, Christian, like to listen to mainstream 80's and 70's stuff (Chicago, Kansas, Boston, Genesis, Queen, Wierd Al etc.) Have a webpage and don't consider myself as geeky as I was in High School. Come to think of it I was a geek poser, if there is such a thing. Now I'm a full fledged, technical supportin', Atari playin' geek!

Heuy Lewis was right.. it IS hip to be square!

i got six sides like an atari video cube

1: sebastien, the french guy with his girlfriend and his daughter.

2: frenchman, that old skater/biker that still cannot stop using his skateboard or his 24" bmx cruiser (hehe, still have the first redline 24" cruiser from back then, my beloved babe)

3: Fish, the atarian that came back to this community 3-4 years ago. it's actually because of activision: every game i see from them, i have to remind myself of atari. since 20 years

4: Jah Fish, the graphic designer ( for afri cola - expo 2000 - smart/ mercedes - wea/warner - bat/ lucky strike ...) and webdesigner ( www.newnoise.de - www.morrison-outlets.com - www.v-scout.de ...)

but also

5: Jah Fish, the graphic artist. he's tired of the media and working for it, mostly just has to produce whack ads. but as he has familiy and an expensive atarimania, he's got to deal with it.

6: DJ Jah Fish, on the decks since 87 ... spinned in many cities and countries and with lots of other artists, from roots to a tribe called quest to outkast up to a hiphop set just before dj krust and rony size took over the decks to turn it into a D&B night .... favorite mixtape: The Beatjunkies Dj Babu & Rethmattic "Dynamic Duo" ( try at www.platform.net ). this guy has vinylmania and just can't stop buying good hiphop records just to scratch them later and flood them with fingerprints and greasy marks

i guess you can only speak of a stereotype when you don't know the person.

so as you know more about me now .... hehe ... i won't be a stereotype ;-)

Rockingroll you Jah and Joel park are the coolest people here  

i think cool people that find out about other cool people should meet someday ....

here is the occasion: eurocon2001

Marco, Marc, me and others will be there! what about you?

hurry up, before it's too late! just do it!

I'd be interested in seeing Germany someday. I am, after all of German descent. I recently took an interest in my heritage. I took the wife and kids to an Oktoberfest in South Elgin Illinois . 'twas a fun tiime despite the fact that me nor my wife drink (not to say we didn't take a few sips though. )

boy does this apply to me i mean i am the only gamerchick at our school I had a couple friends over one day and i showed them my atari one of them literally laughed in my face i was like what the *** like you can freakin talk all you have is an N64 untill you can come up with something better than that dont talk to me! i mean gosh i usually dont care what people think but this was my friend.

I want to see Germany one of these days, I am of german, scottish, and native american descent so i wanna see it, plus i heard its nice there and i need some PAL carts..

To JAH: I dunno if this is too mainstream for you but have you ever heard of junkie xl? more of an industrial raprock sound at times, they do alot of fear factory remixes, might like to dj to em..

to everyone who is made feel bad for feeling different... "if we all agree, why bother talking"

and for everyone sick of reading my long weird post gimmie a break its med time (not that demirol is fun, havin a messed up wrist isnt worth it)but at least pacman is semi fun now

You know what a stupid stereo type is? Those cheap COBY stereos they sell at Odd Lots for $30!! The logo looks kind of like a Sony logo to a blind person, and they break before you get them out of the box!! So that is a really stupid stereo type!! Sorry, I couldn't help myself

Anyway, I feel stereotyped where I am, I'm 6'1" roughly 350 pounds, so everyone thinks I like football (hate it, baseball and hockey), am a big dumb goof (3.2 GPA graduated from Ohio University w/ degree in English and Communication), and listen to classical music (I have 2200 CDs ranging from Nine Inch Nails and Manson to Bruce Sprinsteen and John Mellencamp and I love PUNK ROCK!!!!). So now when people get to know me they instantly assume I'm, "one of those weird people", whatever that means. Talk about stupid stereotypes

last band i toured with was a rap-combo called Das Department. they used to be punk rockers, but are doing hiphop now, cause that's what they feel more now ... and their album is full of skits where people are disgusted about the "new style" and complain on their answering machine, even aggresses them verbally.

if they would be in english, i'd allready heve them posted here as MP3.

If you wanna hear some crazy funny stuff, check out Wesley Willis. He is a (once)homeless schizophrenic 350 pound black man that sings about everything from sucking a horse's a$s to going to eating too much food at McDonald's. Insytead of letting his problems get him down he writes music.. all of his songs have the same strcture because of his problems, here is a sample.

"CUT THE MULLET"

Do something about your long, filthy hair

It looks like a rat's nest

Do something about your mullet

Get out the hair clippers, jerk

Cut the mullet, Cut the mullet, Cut the mullet, Cut the mullet

Get the rat's nest off your head

Get that crazy-a$s mother off your skull

Take your ass to the barber shop

Tell the barber that you're sick of looking like an a$shole

Cut the mullet, Cut the mullet, Cut the mullet, Cut the mullet

The mullet is the reason why people hate you

They are sick of looking at your nappy weed-sack

Nobody wants to look at you with that mullet on your head

Why don't you cut that mullet, you numbskull

Rock over London, rock on Chicago

Insure One, it's the insurance superstore

I find it in a way inspiring that someone with mental health issures and who has led such a hard life can do what he loves and that is to play music.