IGNORED

Post the centerpiece of your collection here.

King Atari

Back in the 80's I had a TON of 2600 games and I thought Tapper and Buck Rogers was the highlight of the collection.

Now in my watered-down collection... Hmm... I'd say Warlords and Pengo. I know they aren't 'rare' but they're fun and I spend a good amount of time on them. I also just bought Ghostbusters for $2 off of some guy at work. I think Ghostbusters is one of the most underrated games on the 26. I enjoy it immensely.

Umm-off topic a bit, but I've been watching your posts and just to let you know communism is still an ugly concept and probably will be as long as China continues to give it a black eye. The fundamentals of the social construct are not necessarily evil, but the track record of communist countries in the past isn't good. The right tools in the wrong hands....

So expect some flack, but educate yourself and stick to your beliefs and you can never go wrong.

Socratic Stan

Well, Frankly, Precepts er, uh, Sucks.

Its just like all the other games. Its more like dental surgery than a game: needed to get it done, glad when its over and behind you.

Honestly, the Ody, even though I love it, is not really "playable". You have a knob to control the "english" of the ball, and the entire screen consists of two squares, you and the other guy, a ball (a smaller square unless you open the machine up and play with the sizes), and a line that can be moved from center to sides (for handball). There is not really any element of suprise, because you and your partner do everything. The light gun is cool, just because its old.

If you are a collector for the sake of collecting, the system is a must have. If you are a collector who loves the play, skip this one. Personally, I am somewhere in between.

Cassidy

TEMPEST im on to your game hehe. i see i own 3 of those 6 ( Crazy Climber , Atari Video Cube, and Rubiks cube.)

i love getting rare games. its not the value of the game or the reactions you get ( even though some are nice) but i think i like getting rare games the most cause its historical value , somethign that is nice and holds more of a meaning than the term just a plastic box and with a chip inside( like if you said you have a combat) you say a title like Quadrun, or Crazy Climber you turn heads. I think thats why even though i get jelious of Tempests collection , i admire the history of it and enjoy seeing these carts being well taken care of.

ALSO my new CENTERPICE next to all the ones before a BOXED COMPLETE KLAX game. too bad they didnt do released NTSC klax games right temp . lucky one to own a chip of it

Yeah too bad about Klax, it's really a nice 2600 game. Steve DeFrisco really knew what he was doing.

You can see some of my other rare games on my page: http://www.msu.edu/user/reicher6/atariscan.htm

http://www.msu.edu/user/reicher6/thirdscan.htm

Not all of the are UR, but I picked the most interesting things out of my collection.

Tempest

[ 10-17-2001: Message edited by: Tempest ]

The centerpieces of my collection would have to be Quadrun, Swordquest Waterworld, and silver-label Gravitar, all bought back when I was a card-carrying member of the Atari Club! Woo-hoo! Thank gawd my mom didn't sell those in a garage sale during my art-damaged college years!

Tempest -- I'm sure you have mentioned it before, but how did you get such a great collection? I thought I read you were 24 on a post (I thought you were much older). Did you start collecting before it became as popular? Did you just spend a lot and but them via Ebay? Again -- really nice collection and I can only imagine all the prototypes.

A little from column A and a little from column B...

I did start collecting right around the time it started to get popular (1995), so I was able to pick up a bunch of great deals. I already had a large 2600 collection from trading in some of my Transformers collection to a collector (they were in pretty bad shape anyway). I do buy off of Ebay alot, but I also scour flea markets for trade bait. I've also made alot of friends over the years and I have alot of contacts. That's where I got most of my prototypes.

But to answer your question, yes I am only 24.

http://www.msu.edu/user/reicher6/proto.htm

Tempest

[ 10-17-2001: Message edited by: Tempest ]

Tempest!

You are my idol. I need two more to be there (SQWW and Silver Gravitar) and I will have all the Atari Club games.

Of course, they have cost me a cocktail Ms. Pac Man to get....

Just wondering, do you all actually play your games? I love playing mine but wonder if I am nuts for spending this kind of money on a game and then actually using it. Just wondering what others do?...

If I had a burner, I would burn the ROMS (I have a proto chip board) and use those instead.

Cassidy

Yes I do actually play most of my games. I'll admit that Quadrun get's less playtime than say Crystal Castles, but I try to plug it in every now and then. I haven't touched SQ: Waterworld since I beat it (can you really beat it?), and Atari Video Cube & Rubik's Cube aren't my favorite games (don't like them for some reason), but most of rares do get played.

Tempest