IGNORED

High Score Club Week 21: Fast Food

Ze_ro

Important note: This weeks competition is over. If you still wish to discuss Fast Food, then feel free to do so, but no further scores will be accepted. Thanks to everyone for all their contributions! Please join in on the latest High Score Club competition!

Burgers, fries, shakes, pizzas . . . Flying by at sub-gastronomical speeds. You and Mr. Mouth have to catch 'em if you can. The higher the calorie count, the better your score. The more calories you consume the faster the food flies. But beware the purple pickles! Catch too many and your binge is over. No matter how much you eat, you'll never gain a pound, because this weeks game is Fast Food!

Game Information
Left Difficulty N/A
Right Difficulty N/A
Game Mode Game 1 - 1 Player
Chosen By Scooterb23

Post your scores right here in this thread, and I will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone elses. The deadline for posting scores will be approximately Sunday, August 29th at midnight (CST). In case you haven't already done so, please read the High Score Club rules. There is other useful information contained in that previous link, including a list of previous High Score Club games!

If you don't have a copy of this game, you can get a copy of the ROM from AtariAge's Profile Page for this game. You can also find such things as a typed copy of the manual, reviews, screenshots, and other information there.

If you are not a member of the High Score Club, but would like to be, then all you have to do is post a reply saying so, and I'll add you to the list!

Next week's game will be chosen by Dan Iacovelli! Please send me a Private Message letting me know which game (and difficulty settings) you've chosen as soon as possible Dan Iacovelli!

High Scores:

• [*]silverfuji.gif47,321 (kemsted)
[+10]
[*]bronzefuji.gif35,850 (Jeffy Arensmeyer) [+8]
[*]12,833 (Keir) [+7]
[*]11,909 (gospeedde) [+6]
[*]11,437 (KaeruYojimbo) [+5]
[*]11,325 (keilbaca) [+4]
[*]10,505 (cuteycat2) [+3]
[*]4955 (Ze_ro) [+2]
[*]4819 (Saldo) [+1]
[*]2639 (sku_u)
[*]2627 (bjk7382)
[*]2455 (Kurushimi)
[*]2419 (tin)
[*]1934 (khryssun)
[*]1862 (Malc74)
[*]1820 (BlackAtarian)
[*]1358 (elviticus)
[*]1242 (vb_master)
[*]1098 (therealred5)
[*]1038 (Scooterb23)
  • :
    (Default Settings)
    • 1,000,000 (Todd Rogers)
      [*]88,730 (Mark Feldt)
      [*]62,870 (Stephen R Riesenberger)

Best Tips:

Score Statistics
  • Average Score: 55,783
    [*]Std. Deviation: 47,282
    [*]Total Score: 1,171,446

Current Standings
[*]the 5th ghost [162]
[*]Jeffy Arensmeyer [151]
[*]sku_u [85]
[*]jedijeff [69]
[*]Ze_ro [69]
[*]Stingray [48]
[*]keilbaca [46]
[*]Chris++ [44]
[*]Malc74 [39]
[*]Saldo [38]
[*]Fellow Atari Man [29]
[*]Shannon [28]
[*]bobafett07728 [27]
[*]bjk7382 [24]
[*]stayrunner [24]
[*]Robert M [23]
[*]NintendoDieScreaming [23]
[*]taxman [23]
[*]tin [21]
[*]cuteycat2 [20]
[*]crsdawg [20]
[*]Numan [19]
[*]homerwannabee [17]
[*]The 8th Passenger [17]
[*]Tsukasa [15]
[*]khryssun [15]
[*]HermChase [13]
[*]KaeruYojimbo [12]
[*]NovaXpress [12]
[*]Kurushimi [12]
[*]Christophero Sly [12]
[*]Thomas Jentzsch [9]
[*]Goochman [8]
[*]gospeedde [8]
[*]LarcenTyler [7]
[*]dykesr [7]
[*]Keir [7]
[*]mikeftrevino [7]
[*]NE146 [7]
[*]EricDeLee [6]
[*]Paul Slocum [6]
[*]StanJr [5]
[*]DeV0 [4]
[*]128bytes [3]
[*]maibock [2]
[*]Nateo [2]
[*]Sora [2]
[*]chrisbid [1]
[*]vb_master [1]
[*]InanimateCarbonRod [0]
[*]shining slade [0]
[*]Kepone [0]
[*]Saikyo [0]
[*]Scooterb23 [0]
[*]Dan Iacovelli [0]
[*]moycon [0]
[*]gamerz [0]
[*]Gamemaster_ca_2003 [0]
[*]video game addict [0]
[*]LU8 [0]
[*]fsuinnc [0]
[*]iguana [0]
[*]Luigi301 [0]
[*]davepesc [0]
[*]Albert [0]
[*]pmpddytim [0]
[*]karnov [0]
[*]pitfallaimee [0]
[*]Happy_Dude [0]
[*]Kialan [0]
[*]xmetalhedx [0]
[*]Gateway [0]
[*]Adrian M [0]
[*]intvgene [0]
[*]ScottHuggins [0]
[*]jeepnut24 [0]
[*]figgler [0]
[*]sabeen557 [0]
[*]Old_Atarian [0]
[*]hobbles [0]
[*]liquid_sky [0]
[*]Spirantho [0]
[*]johnnywc [0]
[*]AcidTone [0]
[*]FireTiger [0]
[*]PaulEMoz [0]
[*]BigFairy321 [0]
[*]atari_wizard [0]
[*]Xot [0]
[*]lost child [0]
[*]Bunsen [0]
[*]chadtower [0]
[*]Big Player [0]

Standings are current as of the beginning of this week,
and do NOT include points from this week's game. If
you think there has been a mistake in any of the
scoring, please contact me.

Member List
Dan Iacovelli, LarcenTyler, sku_u, Luigi301, Max-T, adams_ale, gamerz, Christophero Sly, Trooper, Nateo, homerwannabee, lost child, Happy_Dude, video game addict, Spirantho, bobafett07728, mikeftrevino, Paul Slocum, fsuinnc, Gamemaster_ca_2003, Robert M, DeV0, Gateway, Mendon, Fretwobbler, PaulEMoz, killersquirel, shining slade, chadtower, gospeedde, stayrunner, Big Player, Swingtown, Chris++, hotpants, hobbles, taxman, Ze_ro, maibock, moycon, somePUNK, Saldo, Stingray, Kepone, xmetalhedx, chrisbid, Kialan, Jeffy Arensmeyer, Keir, ToddRogers, Numan, iguana, LU8, jeepnut24, Albert, Tsukasa, Adrian M, dykesr, EricDeLee, Thomas Jentzsch, The 8th Passenger, the 5th ghost, Bunsen, atari_wizard, jedijeff, davepesc, maximebeauvais, buzzguy, bjk7382, khryssun, HermChase, wiz21mx, karnov, Goochman, NE146, keilbaca, vb_master, Sora, Malc74, sabeen557, 128bytes, Kurushimi, Fellow Atari Man, liquid_sky, InanimateCarbonRod, Krazy_kamino, pmpddytim, cuteycat2, kemsted, Xot, Scooterb23, elviticus

Scoring Points in Fast Food
(Thanks to Jeffy Arensmeyer for the pic!)
Score Rolls? - Unknown, let us know if you can do it!

Hints and Tips
As always, you really should read the manual.

What's that? You don't have the manual? Well no problem, because AtariAge has a scanned copy of the manual available online right over here.

What's that? You're too damn lazy to click that link? Well, here's the hints that it give:
  • The food flies totally at random each game. There are no patterns and no safe spots on the screen.
    [*]Remember there's no penalty for missing food, but it'll slow down your scoring. To get the best scores go after the higher-valued items.

Good luck everyone!

--Zero

(the manual)
On Faster levels :
- Stay at the extreme right of the screen : you'll have more time to move and avoid the purple pickles when they appear on the left side.
- Still staying on the right border of the screen, use only the up and down moves : it's less dangerous than to move left/right and this way it's easier to avoid the purple pickles.
- To have some seconds of pause, move the jaws on the line were the food is moving slowly.
- The most secure way to play : concentrate to avoid the purple pickles only, no need to score a lot in a round, it's better to score less at each round but to play longer : Play to stay alive, just try to avoid the purple pickles.
(khryssun)
These aren't really tips, but they aren't in the manual:

1. For every 500 points you earn, one purple pickle is removed from the top of the screen.

2. Each level has 50 food items.

And here are some of my personal tips:

1. On the first few levels, when things are still moving slow, it is worth it to move around and get all the food. Later on you will have to stick to the right side.

2. Your range of movement is deceptively narrow (i.e. it looks like you can move further up and down than you really can) so stick to the middle as much as possible or you may get trapped.

3. If you can pull it off (I can't) use the Kaboom trick. In other words, keep your eyes on the left side of the screen, not on your lips!
(Keir)
(In regard to Keir's second tip: ) It might even be helpful to put some strips of masking tape on the TV screen to indicate to yourself exactly where the upper and lower boundaries are. I haven't tried this myself though. (Ze_ro)
Tips:

-Always keep moving! Sometimes the pickles are so fast that you don't have time to respond, keep moving so you are already on your way free.

-If you prefer to stand still, do only 2 rows at a time. Not only will this limit the pickles to keep track of, but you can catch for sure the 2 rows, instead of missing food and going for the 3rd row.

-If you prefer do what I do: Turn the TV sideways, turn the controller, and play going up-down. I seem to keep better track of everything that way, being I am an avid Kaboom player. This allows for better quickness when avoiding the pickles.

-If you can't turn your TV sideways, and if you have a good enough video card, there should be an option in the video card to rotate the screen 90 degrees. You can do that instead and run the emu to get the same results.

-This tip goes for about every game I play: Cover the score. Once I get so close to my personal best, I tend to lose my concentration. Cover it with something, either tape or a cloth hanging down.

-Avoid ALL pickles. The green ones are only 1 point, and as gameplay goes on, you tend to want to eat the purple pickles. The 1 point is not worth ending the game later on!

-If you don't feel like moving around a lot, stay in one row until the purple pickle comes. Be prepared for it so you can move out of the way, and do not get tempted by the other rows that's spitting out food. Once you pay attention to those rows, you lose concentration on your row and whoops, you ate a purple pickle.

(keilbaca)

My very first try : ,1934 :roll:

Tips :

On Faster levels :

- Stay at the extreme right of the screen : you'll have more time to move and avoid the purple pickles when they appear on the left side.

- Still staying on the right border of the screen, use only the up and down moves : it's less dangerous than to move left/right and this way it's easier to avoid the purple pickles.

- To have some seconds of pause, move the jaws on the line were the food is moving slowly.

- The most secure way to play : concentrate to avoid the purple pickles only, no need to score a lot in a round, it's better to score less at each round but to play longer : Play to stay alive, just try to avoid the purple pickles.

post-27-1093257488_thumb.png

I'm getting fatter!

These aren't really tips, but they aren't in the manual:

1. For every 500 points you earn, one purple pickle is removed from the top of the screen.

2. Each level has 50 food items.

And here are some of my personal tips:

1. On the first few levels, when things are still moving slow, it is worth it to move around and get all the food. Later on you will have to stick to the right side.

2. Your range of movement is deceptively narrow (i.e. it looks like you can move further up and down than you really can) so stick to the middle as much as possible or you may get trapped.

3. If you can pull it off (I can't) use the Kaboom trick. In other words, keep your eyes on the left side of the screen, not on your lips!

Just a thought, but it might even be helpful to put some strips of masking tape on the TV screen to indicate to yourself exactly where these boundaries are. I haven't tried this myself though. Might also be a good idea for games like Space Invaders.

--Zero

Tips:

-Always keep moving! Sometimes the pickles are so fast that you don't have time to respond, keep moving so you are already on your way free.

-If you prefer to stand still, do only 2 rows at a time. Not only will this limit the pickles to keep track of, but you can catch for sure the 2 rows, instead of missing food and going for the 3rd row.

-If you prefer do what I do: Turn the TV sideways, turn the controller, and play going up-down. I seem to keep better track of everything that way, being I am an avid Kaboom player. This allows for better quickness when avoiding the pickles.

-If you can't turn your TV sideways, and if you have a good enough video card, there should be an option in the video card to rotate the screen 90 degrees. You can do that instead and run the emu to get the same results.

-This tip goes for about every game I play: Cover the score. Once I get so close to my personal best, I tend to lose my concentration. Cover it with something, either tape or a cloth hanging down.

OK last post I swear, i'm off to bed. Anyways, one more tip, and my score.

-If you don't feel like moving around a lot, stay in one row until the purple pickle comes. Be prepared for it so you can move out of the way, and do not get tempted by the other rows that's spitting out food. Once you pay attention to those rows, you lose concentration on your row and whoops, you ate a purple pickle.

OK, my score is a little better, 4237.

And with that, good night to all.

post-4191-1093458373_thumb.jpg