IGNORED

Games based on movies

Ze_ro

So, E.T. was made into a video game, and was enjoyed by all, right? Following that, what movies do YOU think should have been made into Atari games? I'm thinking more along the lines of old 70's/80's movies (For more of a retro feel), but recent stuff is cool too. Hey, why not mention TV shows too?

Personally, I'd suggest: Jaws, Back To The Future, Lost In Space, The Exorcist, Blade Runner, Friday the 13th, Aliens (The sequel) and many others. Yeah, some of those already have games... but not Atari games!

On a similar note, can you imagine games based on movies like A Clockwork Orange, Full Metal Jacket, 2001 (Hell, any Kubrick movie really), any Monty Python movie, or the Godfather?

--Zero

I would enjoy seeing a Gary Colman Atari 2600 game. You could base it on keystone capers, duck under the legs of your taller costars.. chase Todd Bridges to try to catch him before he goes and does cocaine.. hey Gary WAS a security guard before he punched that lady.. you could aslo make gary colman boxing.. emmanual lewis of webster could be the other guy it would be like midgit boxing.

quote:

Originally posted by Ze_ro:

On a similar note, can you imagine games based on movies like A Clockwork Orange, Full Metal Jacket, 2001 (Hell, any Kubrick movie really), any Monty Python movie, or the Godfather?

Funny, just the other day the notion of a 2001: A Space Odyssey 2600 game germinated in my brain. I don't know what kind of game it would be, but I hope it would be as dramatic and daring a departure from the standard video game as the movie was from the standard film narrative.

I'd suggest: Jaws, Back To The Future, Lost In Space, The Exorcist, Blade Runner, Friday the 13th, Aliens (The sequel) and many others

Actually I know Friday the 13th was announced by Sega at one time.

My vote goes to an Atari game based on the Dark Crystal. Youd have to collect pieces of the crystal while avoiding those giant bug things.

quote:

Originally posted by osbo:

War Games would be nice... love the movie

They actually made this game for the ColecoVision, and it's quite good. It's basically an overhead version of Missile Command. You see the United States from above (using the number pad to switch to views of different areas), and you track the missiles that are heading for various cities, and try to command satellites into intercept points. I'm not sure how well it would translate onto the 2600 though... you'd definitely need the video touchpad.

--Zero

As far as tv shows go how about a game based on The Greatest American Hero.

This could've been a great game, since the greatest american hero couldn't use his powers very well it would translate into a game where the longer you played the better you would be able to use your powers and at the same time the challangers could get tougher to keep the game going.

quote:

Originally posted by ubersaurus:

I know there was a 2010: Odyssey 2 game for the colecovision.

Was this actually based on the movie? I was under the impression that it wasn't, but I could always be wrong.

Any horror movie would be great for a video game. Nightmare on Elm Street still hasn't been mentioned...

Oh, and there's actually a mock label out there for The Greatest American Hero. I've never heard of this though... was it a TV series or something?

--Zero