IGNORED

High Score Club Week 23: Lock 'n' Chase

Ze_ro

Here's a stupid question: If I take a digital picture of my screen to show my score, how do I post it so that it's not the size of a house?

Just in case I ever get a REALLY good score, I'd like to post proof. The reason I ask is that when I posted my picture for my patch on Starfire, it came out HUGE.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Here's a stupid question: If I take a digital picture of my screen to show my score, how do I post it so that it's not the size of a house?

Just in case I ever get a REALLY good score, I'd like to post proof.   The reason I ask is that when I posted my picture for my patch on Starfire, it came out HUGE.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Open it up in 'Paint' and under 'Image->Stretch/Skew' you can reduce the Horizontal and Vertical aspect - I usually set my emu pics at 60% each and that makes a good size for me.

No offense... but you have a digital camera, but you have no idea how to resize pictures? I sure hope you're not sitting there with 20GB worth of 3000x2000 resolution Targa files on your hard drive.... :ponder: I remember my dad used to do that kind of junk with his scanner.

Anyways, I've been busy this week trying to upgrade two seperate PC's, and encountering some very strange bugs in the process... just finally got a chance to play this one tonight and got 12,060.

Some of my own tips:

• Remember that a lot of the strategies for Pac-Man also work for this game too... for example, the guards can never turn a 180 to catch you... this means that you can often follow behind one safely.

[*]It's possible to catch more than one guard in the corner if they're essentially on top of each other when you close the doors. It's tricky to do, and you don't get any extra points out of it, but it'll tie up the extra guards so you can make your getaway a bit easier.

[*]The guards seem to travel at the same speed as you do, so if one is on your tail, make sure you don't slow down AT ALL. This is especially important when you come to dead ends, so make sure you're holding a direction as you hit the dead end so that you won't stop at all. Since the guard is moving at the same speed, and is always right behind you, you can essentially ignore him and just go about your business without worrying too much about him catching up to you. This may be a good time to lead him into the corner to trap him. If you're worried he's too close, try closing doors to throw him off your trail.

--Zero

Ze_ro - I think the Gaurds can do a 180 - there is a scanline issue with the # of guards so sometimes they will hit an intersection and turn around.

Has happened to me anyway - or am I still swimming whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh - just keep swimming swimming swimming

Stop following me

:D

I'm getting luckier.  Even though a good three fourths of my games are under 4000 points I managed to get 11,490 the last time around.

I'm the same way. Each night I play a few crappy games, then I get lucky and score relatively high and call it a night. Today I got up to 13,970.

Greetings All,

Ok well i had AGAIN play a game inbetween all the madness of Evacuating we now face the threat of Ivan. Florida this year has been smacked with a bunch of systems. Bonnie, Charley, Gaston, Frances and now Ivan.Well all i can say is more insurance on the video gaming systems...LOL..Frances was a rain and wind maker where i live and the eye passed 10 miles to my south so i was on the rainy side of the storm. If anyone wants to see what we are going thru look at these sites.

www.intellicast.com

www.wunderground.com

www.flamedia.com

My submission for this week is 999,999 on Lock n Chase.

Todd Mr Activision Rogers

post-1920-1094879158_thumb.jpg

Way to sneak one in before the buzzer :P

Anyways, that brings this week to an end. As usual, I hope you all enjoyed Lock 'n' Chase... it's certainly one of the better Pac-Man clones out there, and even tough the 2600 version is a bit limited, it's still very fun.

I hope you'll all join us again next time!

--Zero

Heh, pretty strange scores this time around, with the highest being 999,999...so, were the closer scores at 800,000, 700,000, 550,000, etc.? Nope! The next closest was 90,000! That just doesn't look right... :lolblue:

Man, and ze_ro thought not many people played Tunnel Runner when it was the competition game a few weeks back?

And btw, is it just me, or do those so-called "cops" look more like square ghosts? ;)