IGNORED

High Score Club Week 27: Berzerk

Ze_ro

Yeah, I think we kinda need a week off, my poor sticks could use it. Although I did find a really good way to bring sticks back to life, its easy :) Just find the problem directional buttons, say left isn't working good. take it apart, and layer the left directional button with tape. 10 or 15 small strips should do good, on one top of the other. Trust me, this even got my atari olympics stick back up and working :D

I think a week off would be good too. Here are the scores from last week:

1. 956,300 (ToddRogers)

2. 86,290 (keilbaca)

3. 13,790 (sku_u)

4. 13,140 (tin)

5. 11,190 (Fellow Atari Man)

6. 9,570 (jedijeff)

7. 8,610 (Shannon)

8. 8,160 (kemsted)

9. 7,020 (Goochman)

10. 7,010 (khryssun)

11. 6,600 (bobafett07728)

12. 5,440 (Keir)

13. 5,280 (Robert M)

14. 5,240 (Blackjack)

15. 5,210 (Kurushimi)

16. 5,170 (Malc74)

17. 5,080 (gospeedde)

18. 4,580 (LarcenTyler)

19. 4,520 (chadtower)

20. 4,390 (bjk7382)

21. 4,320 (KaeruYojimbo)

22. 3,630 (128bytes)

23. 2,160 (Dan Iacovelli)

24. 1,400 (Gamemaster_ca_2003)

@kemsted: I wasn't sure if you're last score should count, but since either score would put you in 8th place I let it count. :)

Alright, sorry guys, I'm back now. My cable modem died out on me about a week or so ago, and I finally managed to get a new one today. It's amazing how little I can do with my computer without internet access... makes me wonder what I ever did without it!

Anyways, looks like I have some catching up to do! I guess this post will mark the end of this week's competition, so you guys have the rest of the week off I suppose. I was pretty busy most of the week, so I only managed to get in one round of Berzerk, with a score of 5020. I wish I had had more time to play, since Berzerk is actually one of my stronger games... but oh well.

--Zero

Welcome back, I know the feeling with the no internet, I lost mine for a little bit, and it was exactly the same way, except for far cry and tron 2.0... meh oh well. Welcome back again, and I'll definitely be looking forward to next week's game!

• 1 year later...
Okay, I'm starting to play a bit smarter, and hit 5210 not too long ago. I haven't thought up any tips yet.

713776[/snapback]

Hey.My name is Bob. I have an atari flashback. But anyway,i use to have an atari2600. I did have Berzerk. I also had about 50 games to the 2600.

But anyway,you want a tip? In the game,you will notice that the robots shoot from their hand or foot. I 4get which. But anyway,if you can position yourself,at the robot's hand or foot,you ought to be able to let the robot shoot in the space btween your head & neck.