IGNORED

2600 composite mod done! but one question...

psiamidis

I just did the composite video/audio mod on my heaviy sixer. I used the mod at this link:

http://www.classicgaming.com/vcsp/Question1.htm

It all worked, except for one thing. The video is fine, but some games are missing sounds when I use the audio cable. For example, I don't hear the ship thrust sound in Defender, or the ufo sound in Space Invaders, or the energybar recharge in Megamania, etc... The audio sounds clear, its just that some sounds are completely missing on many games.

Does anyone who has done the mod at that website have any idea what I may have done wrong in wiring up the audio? It seemed simple enough, just soldiering the wire to one spot on the board, not sure what I got wrong...

The TIA chip has two sound output pins (two channel sound) that are shorted together on the board. Maybe you burned out one with the heat of soldering or maybe the connection between them opened

See if TIA pins 12 and 13 are shorted together with an ohmmeter.

If that's not the problem, swap the TIA with one from another 2600 and see if that does it. I believe most or all of the 4 and 6 switchers have socketed TIA's

John