IGNORED

Leave a Heavy Sixer out in the rain, and ...

ShyOne

Just look what happens! :o

Thought those of you who liked last year's gingerbread Heavy Sixer might enjoy seeing what happens to one when you leave it outside in a rainstorm ...

:ponder:

Some before and after shots ...

It ended up out there because, since it actually was edible, some of our many-legged friends had decided to do just that ... ewww ...

Enjoy. :lol:

post-2594-1102904608_thumb.jpg

post-2594-1102904609_thumb.jpg

post-2594-1102904610_thumb.jpg

post-2594-1102904611_thumb.jpg

how much time was invested in making that giant cookie/brownie cake ?

Eh ... I probably spent a couple days on it, all in all.

And your comment makes me realize that nothing about these pics gives any idea what the scale on the thing is. It's (well, it was, anyway ...) just a bit smaller than actual size, for anyone who's curious.

I probably should have used some food shellac or polyurethane on it, or we should have shrink wrapped it or something, but it's live 'n learn, I guess ... :(

Oh, well ... was cool for the year it lasted, anyway ...

If you dig into the center you may find that some of it is still edible.

Would be a shame to have spent the time and effort and not get to sample the results.

Let us know.

friggin disgusting LMAO :lol: im gonna throw up :woozy: i cant look at those pics anymore, its bothering my stomach :|

that last pic would look good on a Framed Poster

It true and it based on fact.

My dad was infamous for turning frozen pizza into "hocky pucks"

This is the term he'd use when he'd put a pizza in the oven and then fall asleep.

He wake up and find the charred remains, but I'd always notice these pucks in the trash, sliced down the middle, He was trying to salvage that one morsal in the center that was still edible. Sadly it wasn't always possible.

Remind me to tell you about the time he fell sleep with a half gallon of ice cream on his lap.

Ahhh alki's

Gotta love em.

do you mind if I use a one of the after shots to make a fake ebay auction? This will be F**ckin hilarious if I get any bids :lol:

I think the title will be:

NEAR MINT SEARS ROEBUCK HEAVY SIXER ATARI, WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Seller Takes No Responsibility For Biohazardous or Checmical Sickness Incured by Said Items

NOW THAT WOULD BE A SWEET AUCTION TO MAKE BIG BUCKS ON!!! :D

some of our many-legged friends had decided to do just that ... ewww

At first, I thought you were just being weird in that you didn't eat it because a dog had bits

of it. but now that I've re-read it, as I understand, you refer to ants and things, yeck.

(Looks at his 5 year old gingerbread christmas tree that stil gets eaten at every few months)

BUT NOT BY ME I SWEAR!

I think it looks cool ShyOne. At first, I thought it was a real sixer but after careful examination, I could tell that it was made out of gingerbread.

Don't feel bad about it. At least it wasn't ACID rain or the thing would be completely melted.

Thanks for the nice compliments, all ... it really was a fun project, and I don't feel too badly about its demise. Nature of the gingerbread beast, I'm afeard ... :ponder:

I think the part I find most amusing are the two or three holes literally eaten through the 'grill' by the rain dripping off the arbor over our patio area. Just looks too gruesome.

As for what's next ... have no projects in the works right now. But am always open to suggestions for something fun to work on ... :)