IGNORED

Ultra SCSIcide Label Contest

Albert

I like it!  Partially because it's cool and partially because Nathan can't be allowed to win 'em all!  :P

Both excellent reasons to like it. ;)

But it's probably my favorite entry so far because it completely ignores the technical/mechanical definitions and implications of SCSI. The title, SCSIcide, is sort of an inside-techy joke and I've had a hard time separating the tech from the game. Any idea I've had winds up looking like a technical manual or hard drive box design. I briefly toyed with a Tron-like approach to imagery but ultimately the word SCSI seems to beg some sort of technical, non-fictional explanation and image. And hard drives don't look very cool, although I do like some of what Nathan has accomplished with superimposing game graphics on top of extreme closeups of the hard drive.

An unidentified crocodile, with a hard drive in it's mouth..."

...then it just sort of squishes together from there. Care to fill us in on the rest of the story?

And shouldn't that croc be wearing a baseball hat with the number 5 on it, while holding a laser gun? :roll:

Kinda reminds me of the inevitable episode of your favorite show that runs out of time and budget so they decide to assemble a "clips show" that features recycled content from their previous seasons. :D

It reads:

An unidentified crocodile, with a hard drive in it's mouth, leaped from the roof of the AtariAge building earlier this morning. Startled onlookers couldn't believe that someone would make such an obvious joke, using two previous label designs as a weak premise for it. Joe Grand, author of the game Ultra-SCSIcide was appalled, and threatened the so-called "artist" who was responsible for the stunt. "Man... it just ain't worth the effort I put into the new version of the game when this kind of thing happens." Armin Vogl, the creator of the Krokodile Cartridge, which previously featured the crocodile was similarly appalled. “I may have to take back the prize now, and use another label instead. And just between you and me, I think it looks more like an alligator than a crocodile. But what are you gonna do? These artists get really defensive if you mention something like that.” The joke didn't sit too well with Alex Herbert either. “Great. I though I was getting an original label design for 'Man Goes Down'! Now he just goes and throws it out there like a cheap joke? I'll have to pick someone else's now. At least we haven't started producing the carts yet.” There was so much luck for Albert Yarusso of AtariAge, who had already started putting labels on the Krokodile Cartridges. “Now what am I going to do with these? I suppose I'll Just have to throw them out. They're expensive, too! Somebody owes me a lot of money, that's all I know.” JOYSTICKS or PADDLES In a related story, the artist who was responsible for the joke spent extremely too much time working on it.. including writing this part. “You know,” said the artist, “I could be watching TV or something else right now. Nobody will ever read this text because its way too small.” Besides that, as this reporter noted, it's not just very funny.

:D

Wow - that's pretty close! I didn't think anyone could (or would bother to) read the whole thing. Maybe I should've held a contest to see who could decypher it. :D

Here's what it says:

An unidentified crocodile, with a hard drive in its mouth, leaped from the roof of the AtariAge building earlier this morning.

Startled onlookers couldn’t believe that someone would make such an obvious joke, using two previous label designs as a weak premise for it.

Joe Grand, author of the game Ultra-SCSIcide was appalled, and threatened to disqualify the so-called “artist” who was responsible for the stunt. “Man... it just isn’t worth the effort I put into the new version of the game, when this kind of thing happens."

Armin Vogil, the creator of the Krokodile Cartridge, which previously featured the crocodile, was similarly appalled. ”I may have to just take back the prize now, and use another label instead. And just between you and me, I think it looks more like an alligator than a crocodile. But what are you gonna do? These artists get really defensive if you mention stuff like that.”

The joke didn’t sit well at all with Alex Herbert, either. “Great. I thought I was getting an original label design for ‘Man Goes Down’! Now he just goes and throws it out there for a cheap joke? I’ll have to pick someone else’s now. At least we hadn’t started producing the carts yet.”

There was no such luck for Albert Yarusso of AtariAge, who had already started putting labels on the Krokodile Cartridges. “Now what am I going to do with these? I suppose I’ll just have to throw them out. They’re expensive, too! Somebody owes me a lot of money, that’s all I know.”

JOYSTICKS or PADDLES

In a related story, the artist who was responsible for the joke, spent entirely too much time working on it, including writing this part.

“You know, ” said the artist, I could be watching TV or something right now. Nobody will ever even read this text, because it’s way too small.“

Besides that, as this reporter noted, it’s just not very funny.

The contest is now over and I've finished putting up the last batch of labels! This round includes new labels from Jess LaFleur, Alexius Wronka, and James Rolfe. You can look at all the entries here:

Ultra SCSIcide Label Contest Submissions

Many thanks for all the great entries received, and I'm sure Joe Grand will pick a winner shortly!

..Al

Many thanks for all the great entries received, and I'm sure Joe Grand will pick a winner shortly!

I sure will! There are a lot of great submissions - even though there can only be one winner, I want to thank everyone for contributing to the contest and spending time working on labels!

Stay tuned for the results :)

Joe

Pick mine... it'll get out grass stains too!

:D

Another reason to pick JoeyBastard's design: It will be ultra-rare after Procter & Gamble x-rays Big Player's apartment (as part of their ongoing Cincinnati collective mind control experiment -- if you don't believe me, check out the Bengals' uniforms this year!), finds the cartridge, and demands that AtariAge changes the label!