IGNORED

xbox house of the dead 3 yes or no and why ?

ATARIeric

I've got HOTD 3 and the green Madcatz gun. A blast to play. The gun seems very responsive. Very fun but I've heard, also that it's short. With a game like HOTD, the very act of playing is so fun to me that replayability is a given...even if it's short.

Not sure on unlocking 2 before completing 3. Maybe there's a code out there somewhere.

does anyone know if you can unlock HOD2 without beating 3 first ?  is that a download to the memory card ?  how would that work ?

when i get it, id like to play 2 before i play 3  :)

If this page is correct, you can't:

http://www.cheatcc.com/xb/hotd3.html

Successfully complete survival mode in House Of The Dead 3 to unlock House Of The Dead 2

get it while you can, this game and toejam and earl 3 is starting to disappear from shelves

Only to reappear on used shelves. Seriously, this game is not hard to find (neither is TJ&E3) and probably never will be. There are two components to true rarity - supply and demand. However small the supply, it is still greater than the demand for these games.

My local EB has about 15 copies of HotD3 on the used shelf.

I have HOTD3 and green gun and it works very well. It may be short, but I certainly never got close to beating it . I would imagine it's a lot better with 2 players. It plays ok with the controller, but the gun is much more fun.

I understand Starsky & Hutch and Silent Scope Complete also use the Xbox gun.

I dont know if buying house of the dead 3 is a wise move.  I enjoyed noth hotd 1 and 2 but 3 is just kind of empty.  Plus it will cost you about 90$ for all the stuff you need.

$90? Is that including two guns or a mandatory jewel encrusted butt plug that you have to keep in or the game won't work?

get it while you can, this game and toejam and earl 3 is starting to disappear from shelves

Only to reappear on used shelves. Seriously, this game is not hard to find (neither is TJ&E3) and probably never will be. There are two components to true rarity - supply and demand. However small the supply, it is still greater than the demand for these games.

My local EB has about 15 copies of HotD3 on the used shelf.

not here, i couldnt find a copy of ToeJam and Earl III anywhere in columbus new or used. After checking more than a dozen stores, i finally found a used copy at Media Play for 23.99 which i reluctantly picked up and used a five dollar coupon on. House of the Dead 3 was a little easier, but EB sells this game used for 17.99, i found a copy for 15 at a a mom n pop store. Ive noticed that games that do not sell well initially will get put on discount, but then will be tough to find once the liquidated stock is gone.

Ive noticed that games that do not sell well initially will get put on discount, but then will be tough to find once the liquidated stock is gone.

Ok, to amend my comments a little bit, TJ&E3 may end up being a little more "rare" than HotD3, but neither is a game I'd ever really put in that category. "Rare" is just a word that gets thrown around a little too easily these days. If I was gonna rate these using AtariAge's rarity scale, I'd make TJ&E3 a 4 and HotD3 a 3.

Like I said, a game needs to be both rare in an absolute sense and prized by collectors for whatever reason in order to be truly difficult to obtain. TJ&E3 may not be easy to find at your local thrift store in 10 years but it'll always be easy enough to get on places like Ebay and the price will just keep coming down; it's not a very good game and it did sell approximately 100,000 copies. Just looking through completed auctions, it goes for as little as $12.50 there right now and once people start dumping their Xbox's after picking up Xbox 2's or whatever, it'll just drop further and there will be a lot more of them out there.

There are many, many rarer games than this for current generation systems. I worked for a game publisher until May of last year and I used to get a monthly spreadsheet of the aggregate totals sold for every game of the current generation, and there were some titles literally in the hundreds several years after their release. (For a while I had the thought that I'd go out and buy all of these games for like $4 or whatever they were going for at the time, but most of them are just crap games; that's why they sold so few copies.) TJ&E3 probably comes to mind before any of these games because it's a fairly well-known and well-liked series, but it sold more copies than you probably think it did. HotD3 actually sold far fewer, but it has even fewer people on the make for it because gun games are just out of fashion these days.

By strange coincidence I've spent the last few days playing through TJ&E and I have to say I am really enjoying it. I never played the older games in the series so I am new to it.

I would also rate it as a very good game especially as it has a co-op mode. In fact I would say TJ&E would get 8/10 from me and is a bargain if you can get it for $12.

I used to get a monthly spreadsheet of the aggregate totals sold for every game of the current generation

I would be very interested in seeing that kind of information. Does anyone know of a website that publishes figures?

I dont know if buying house of the dead 3 is a wise move.  I enjoyed noth hotd 1 and 2 but 3 is just kind of empty.  Plus it will cost you about 90$ for all the stuff you need.

$90? Is that including two guns or a mandatory jewel encrusted butt plug that you have to keep in or the game won't work?

Hoo ha you got me that sure was funny. :roll: 2 guns are 60 or 70 the game is about 20.

Hoo ha you got me that sure was funny. :roll: 2 guns are 60 or 70 the game is about 20.

I've read that the use of the eye roll emoticon is a sign of genius. Congratulations. So you were talking about two guns.

I would be very interested in seeing that kind of information. Does anyone know of a website that publishes figures?

You won't find it published because it's proprietary info that people pay a whole lot of money for. Even the standard NPD reports don't have aggregate totals of everything like the sheet I used to see had. But after I wrote my post I started wanting to look at it again myself, so I might contact one of my old buddies tomorrow and see if he'll send me at least the bottom of the current list (which is all people here probably care about anyway). Not sure if he will or not, but I'll try.

I'm sure I still have an older one saved somewhere, but it'd be pretty out of date by now. The bottom-rung games probably wouldn't have sold many more copies by now, though.

Found one!

The newest one I have is from December of 2003. I'm just gonna throw some numbers out from the very bottom of the list, cut and pasted from the spreadsheet. These are aggregate sales totals for these games from 1995-2003, just starting from an arbitrary point in the list and organized by system (that's how I sorted it) so you can see what games are likely to end up really "rare". Unfortunately no Dreamcast as TRST had stopped tracking that system by this time, but here's PS2, PSX, Xbox and GameCube:

PS2 G1 JOCKEY 3 7,564

PS2 NINJA ASSAULT 7,455

PS2 ESPN COLLEGE HOOPS 7,187

PS2 WARHAMMER 40000:FIRE 1 7,130

PS2 WHITEOUT 6,880

PS2 EVOLUTION SNOWBOARD 5,992

PS2 BLOODY ROAR 4 5,977

PS2 TIME CRISIS 3 5,602

PS2 NCAA FINAL FOUR 2004 5,532

PS2 ALTER ECHO 5,270

PS2 BEYOND GOOD & EVIL 5,096

PS2 I-NINJA 4,850

PS2 XGRA:EXTREME G RACING 4,771

PS2 SPACE CHANNEL 5 SE 4,720

PS2 BATTLESTAR GALACTICA 4,691

PS2 LOONEY TUNES:BACK IN 4,638

PS2 BOMBASTIC 4,323

PS2 ROGUE OPS 3,627

PS2 VIRTUAL-ON MARZ 3,280

PS2 MONSTER 4X4: MASTERS 3,145

PS2 FUGITIVE HUNTER: WAR 3,135

PS2 SMASH CARS 3,006

PS2 METAL ARMS: GLITCH 2,899

PS2 FALL 2003 BUNDLE 2,645

PS2 GLADIATOR: SWORD 2,632

PS2 GOBLIN COMMANDER 2,452

PS2 WHIPLASH 2,427

PS2 KYA: DARK LINEAGE 1,765

PS2 BUTT UGLY MARTNS:ZOOM 1,267

PS2 MUPPETS PARTY CRUISE 867

GCN DROME RACERS 3,514

GCN AQUAMAN: ATLANTIS 3,400

GCN SX SUPERSTAR 3,337

GCN DINOTOPIA: SUNSTONE 3,155

GCN SPAWN: ARMAGEDDON 3,065

GCN CITY RACER 2,840

GCN XIII 2,793

GCN FREAKY FLYERS 2,410

GCN SPIRITS & SPELLS 2,319

GCN BATMAN: RISE SIN TZU 2,279

GCN GROOVERIDER: SLOT CAR 1,957

GCN SUPER BUBBLE POP 1,636

GCN WTA TOUR TENNIS 1,464

GCN LOONEY TUNES:BACK IN 1,461

GCN ROGUE OPS 1,343

GCN FREESTYLE METAL X 1,097

GCN ROADKILL 1,056

GCN MEN IN BLACK 2: ALIEN 975

GCN TONKA RESCUE PATROL 564

GCN DISNEYS HIDE & SNEAK 555

GCN GO! GO! HYPERGRIND 205

GCN TRANSWORLD SURF: NEXT 47

PSX CITY OF LOST CHILDREN 3,923

PSX 101 DALMATIONS II 3,803

PSX 4 GAME ACTION PACK 3,615

PSX TALL INFINITY 3,532

PSX STREET RACQUETBALL 3,448

PSX AIR HOCKEY 3,421

PSX NASCAR 50TH ANNIV 3,049

PSX JIGSAW MADNESS 2,808

PSX DISNEY 3 GAME PACK 2,705

PSX EQUESTRIAN SHOWCASE 2,529

PSX MIRACLE SPACE RACE 2,102

PSX HERCULES 1,951

PSX BATTLESPORT 1,808

PSX PUZZNIC 1,676

PSX PINK PANTHER: PURSUIT 1,449

PSX RC DE GO 1,323

PSX CLEOPATRA'S FORTUNE 1,161

PSX DORA THE EXPLORER 921

PSX TV BUNDLE 827

PSX GH VALUE GAME 12.99 630

PSX STARBLADE ALPHA 388

PSX NFL QB CLUB 96 354

PSX ASSORTMENT 4.99 300

PSX EASTER BUNNYS BIG DAY 242

PSX D&D TOWER OF DOOM 86

XBX GLADIATOR: SWORD 2,945

XBX ROBOCOP 2,758

XBX GOBLIN COMMANDER 2,621

XBX AQUAMAN: ATLANTIS 2,613

XBX BARBIE HORSE ADV:WILD 2,336

XBX FORD RACING 2 2,332

XBX FREESTYLE METAL X 2,072

XBX MOJO 1,767

XBX GROOVERIDER: SLOT CAR 1,766

XBX XGRA:EXTREME G RACING 1,635

XBX SPY HUNTER 2 1,590

XBX WHIPLASH 1,444

XBX DINOTOPIA: SUNSTONE 1,382

XBX SUPER BUBBLE POP 1,140

XBX GRAVITY GAMES BIKE 921

XBX ROBIN HOOD: DEFENDER 807

XBX DRAKE 692

XBX MAXIMUM CHASE 606

XBX GROUP S CHALLENGE 592

XBX BLOWOUT 511

XBX FALL 2003 BUNDLE 456

XBX EXHIBITION DEMO VOL 4 397

XBX ULTIMATE BEACH SOCCER 352

I guess TJ&E3 hadn't come out at the time of this sheet, but here's the number for HotD3:

XBX HOUSE OF THE DEAD III 92,193

It's not even close to being as rare as some of these games.

If you want to know the sales of any specific game, just ask, though keep in mind this list is now a little more than a year old so I don't know numbers for recent titles. You gotta expect, though, that the bottom-feeder games don't suddenly sell millions of copies a year after their release. So if a game sold 352 copies in 2003, it probably hasn't sold much more than that by now. So in terms of rarity, this is probably a pretty good guide of games that had been released up to that point, at least.

(There are a few titles here that had just come out at the time this list was put together in December of 2003, so they're probably not quite this rare, but hot-selling games sell a lot more than 5,000 copies in a month, so even the newer games you see here probably didn't ever sell a lot more than this.)

Great stuff spacecadet :thumbsup:

I find it amazing how much work and wages would go into making a game only to sell a few hundred copies. I have been after a couple of titles on that list for a while now, and now I'm not surprised I am having trouble finding them.

See if you can get a more up to date list from your friend.