IGNORED

Red screen NES?

the "dog bone" controller for TOP loading NES alone cost way more then $10.00....

Could front loader systems that blink red be from Canada ?

Dog bones are 15 dollars (I believe a pair) from nintendo....

My NES I bought in 1989 blinks grey, my newer ones blue pink

but ive had dark green, light blue and my friend has a dark blue.

the "dog bone" controller for TOP loading NES alone cost way more then $10.00....

Could front loader systems that blink red be from Canada ?

Dog bones are 15 dollars (I believe a pair) from nintendo....

I just seen a Dog bone Controller for "buy it now" $11.99 and one with few bids up too only $4.99 so I guess they came down in price since last year I looked. This is on E-bay that I looked.

• 5 months later...
I always wondered why you had to push the cart down?  I got my first VCR NES back in 89 new, and I played it for years and never had problems with it, untill about 95, when one of my friends asked why I didn't push the carts down.

Well, heck, I knew the thing fit in there kind of funny, but being me, I never read the instructions to anything, and like a dum bass I started pushing it down like it was supposed to, supposedly.  It wasn't long befor I started getting the screen problems, and when I tried going back to my old way, it didn't work anymore. :( 

I'm thinking that when they were shipped, the connectors were tight enough to work without pushing it down.  But when you start pushing it down, it bends them out of shape...or into their supposed to be this way shape which prevents them from working while up as easily, or at all, and due to bending stuff when you push it down, it's not long befor it breaks.

I don't know if how I played mine kept it working for 6 years flawlessly, or if it finely broke for a legit reason.  Because it broke, not because I changed what I did to it.  But I know when it comes to the VCR style NES's, I have a tendancy to not push the game down first time I try them, if it works that way, it'll work probably forever.

787562[/snapback]

That's interesting. When the NES first became available in around here in the mid-80's, a lot of "early adopters" thought they'd gotten a defective system because they simply slid the cartridge in and fired it up without pushing the tray down. My cousin got a NES about a week after the ads for them first showed up on TV and he was on the verge of taking it back to the store before it occurred to him to push the tray down. I've never seen a NES with its original 72-pin connector work without pushing the tray down, even when brand new. What year did you buy yours? Maybe they tightened things up a bit somewhere along the line?