IGNORED

Best Atari console design

Mister VCS

quote:

in particular I was talking about the slanderings back and forth a month back with Sean Kelly and BlackJax releasing the roms at his site for the CV games and such...and also to the more recent ramblings regarding Junie and Randy over Hozer.

I think I missed the first bit entirely, and the end of the Hozer one maybe... Not to dredge it all up again, but I'm curious to read what went on. Does anyone know what threads these were?

quote:

Originally posted by -^Cro§Bow^-:

Man, I am starting to see some ugliness in these boards and hence this is the reason I haven't posted much as of late.

I stick to the general rule where in if I haven't anything helpful to contribute...I don't.

I'm not really sure what ugliness you're referring to, as these boards have generally been free from huge, scathing flamewars and have a pretty good signal to noise ratio. Sure, every now and again a topic might degenerate, but there's no way to prevent that from happening without moderating with an iron fist, which is something we'd prefer not to do. I'd hate to lose you as a regular visitor to AtariAge, as I enjoy reading your posts as I'm sure many others do.

I think your blue LED mods for the 5200 and 7800 are very cool. You would love the Sony Playstation 2 TOOL development box, it has a blue LED for the drive door (like the PS2) but also a big, honkin' blue reset button on top of the unit, adjacent ot a big, honkin' green power button. Both of them are made from clear plastic, with (I presume) an LED under them that causes the entire button to glow in that color. Very cool, especially in the dark. I'll have to take a picture..

..Al

Liquid_Sky:

Actually I thought about larger LEDs but they require more juice and also won't fit under the casing shells if I use them since they stand taller. But trust me...the Blue LEDs I used are like blinding if you look at them dead on...in fact..they are so bright that the 7800 pic had to be edited due to a large Blue Line that was going across the pic when the scanner hit it..the blue was too much and caused a shimmer on the lens...heheh..

the 5200 didn't do this because the light doesn't hit right on the scanner glass evenly like the 7800 deck does.

Here is the unedited Pic showing the Blue Streak due to the brightness of the LED...

Blue7800.jpg

Anyway, larger in this case wouldn't have meant better because the LEDs wouldn't have fit properly and might not have been any brighter in the in long run anyway.

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: -^Cro§Bow^- ]

holygeez, anyways, i DID see a 7800 with other LEDs in it before cause i went to a site with someone who did it be it you or someone else it doesn't matter.

and who says i dont like the design with the new leds? you are taking this all the wrong way and i personally dont like it.

im not trying to get people angry at me, if i didn't like it i would have said "It sucks"

ok? now calm yourself!

you are just itching to fight with someone it seems, even if you dont want to fight, it sure as hell seems like it. now lets just end this here and now ok?