IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 6: Demolition Herby

Ze_ro

damn you keilbaca!  That second slot was MINE!  And here I thought I was pulling ahead. :x  :P  :D  

Well, I see where the rest of my day will be spent! ;)  

At least I'm finally a contenda. :)  

Damn, that's an awesome score. Congratulations. It took me all weekend, but I finally managed to break 10K. I scored 10,216. I had 3 lives when I broke 10K, but lost my cool and lost all 3 at the same time. 10K's definitely my limit on this game. Every score the past few days has ranged between about 7500 and that.

I wonder if we'll see a new top score before this game's over?

You can bet your pants you will :twisted: ;)

10956 - my scores got a hell of a lot better when i started to actually THINK about what i was doing. this game is definately one where you neeed to work out a strategy and stick to it - it isnt worth going for single boxes as you dont get enough points, and i reckon it is far better to knock the other cars off if you possibly can rather than just avoid them.

im pretty certain though that i will never, ever play this game again, its just too unfair to play a really good game only to lose all your lives as you bounce around the screen.....

im pretty certain though that i will never, ever play this game again, its just too unfair to play a really good game only  to lose all your lives as you bounce around the screen.....

Well don't get bounced off the screen then ;)

I played for a bit, trying to avoid them, it's tough, bumping is definitely the way to go! You just have to be careful to bump as they are traveling away from you, before they switch up & come back towards you.

The difficultly is way tougher on game 3. I played a practice round on game 1 & was over 20K with 6 men (is this the max?) & never noticed much in the way of increasing difficulty. I just kind of got tired of playing. Then I went to game 3 & I was struggling to clear the first board. :roll:

Oh the tip section that Sku mentions the starting with 3 points on a reset is incorrect. That is actually the game version displayed on the screen after a reset, and you must hit the fire button to start off the round, at which point the score sets itself back to 0.

My top score after playing for nearly 30 minutes straight was 3290

post-43-1109574400_thumb.jpg

damn you keilbaca!  That second slot was MINE!  And here I thought I was pulling ahead. :x  :P  :D  

Well, I see where the rest of my day will be spent! ;)  

At least I'm finally a contenda. :)  

Damn, that's an awesome score. Congratulations. It took me all weekend, but I finally managed to break 10K. I scored 10,216. I had 3 lives when I broke 10K, but lost my cool and lost all 3 at the same time. 10K's definitely my limit on this game. Every score the past few days has ranged between about 7500 and that.

I wonder if we'll see a new top score before this game's over?

You can bet your pants you will :twisted: ;)

32571 ;)

I'm done for now, that game pissed me off enough as is.

post-4191-1109596523_thumb.jpg

i dont consider myself to be too bad at games - ive been playing them since the first pong systems hit the UK back in the 70's and my scores on lunar jetman on the spectrum (a very challenging game) and Sinistar arcade (just over 350,000!!) are pretty impressive - but i am very impressed by the scores i see in this HSC - kudos to the people who seem to beat me week after week even though i truly give it a good shot in an attempt to get those extra points!

Once they stop stealing your paint the game becomes a lot like pacman.

Minus the annoying bonk bonk bonk sound :D

2834 - once again, start the 2nd screen with 4 lives, and then lose them in one go - definately the worst peice of game design i have come across

Nah, it just had to be a bit different than Amidar so Telesys wouldn't have gotten sued in the day.

post-3650-1109665204.jpg

well, I couldn't figure out Dones and kelibaca's "secret," but I did a hell of a lot better than I ever thought I would and discovered a new game in the process. All in all I am pleased.

Now I have to go kick keilbaca's tuchas at Pac-man, if you'll excuse me.... :D :D :D :D ;)